Ardour updated to v2.8.1
10th July 2009
Version 2.8.1 of Ardour is now available. Although this is primarily a bug-fix release, the bugs that it fixes are important enough that it is recommended that all users, especially those on OS X, choose to upgrade. Crashes when deleting AudioUnit plugins, and a very important potential data loss issue with session cleanup are now fixed. 2.8.1 also has a built-in "Chat" option to connect (via your web browser) to Ardour's IRC channel.
- Built-in menu item to connect to #ardour on IRC via web browser.
- Insert Time action can now optionally move tempos & meter markers.
- Sort playlist menus in a more agreeable way.
- Sort ports correctly in many lists/menus.
- Faster startup by using pre-rendered region names.
- Implement panner reset functionality (missing since 0.99!).
- Fix crash when deleting AudioUnit plugins (Leopard/Cocoa GUI specific).
- Fix crash when closing a session after displaying 1 or more plugin GUIs.
Data Loss Bug:
- Fix serious error in Cleanup that could lead to data loss.
- Fix AudioUnit input/output configuration cache handling for some plugins with "interesting" configurations.
- Switching into write automation mode doesn't reset gain levels.
- Stop import dialog from resizing at various times.
- Fix apparently-insensitive file selector in import dialog on OS X.
- Fix details of file formats when exporting CD markers.
- Fix marker bars, canvas and playhead getting out of sync with timeline.
- Fixes for some newer versions of gcc (4.4).
- Don't bother to search for JACK server software if JACK is already running.
- Catch JACK shutdown and handle more safely - should solve issues with trying to save after a JACK shutdown.
- AudioUnit plugins can be turned off/bypassed and then turned back on.
- Session names that include '/' or '\' are caught and asked for again.
- Restore markers (including session start & end) and playhead correctly even if they had very large values (>12hrs).
- Swedish (Petter Sundlof)
- French (Martin Blanchard/Ralph Doursenaud)
- Czech (Pavel Frich)
- Italian (Emanuele Constantini)
- Norwegian (Eivind Ødegård)
KVR Audio, Inc.