DSPaudio releases Spectrum v2.0
2nd November 2010
DSPAudio has announced that Nortron, its performance sequencer for Mac OS X, has been renamed Spectrum and that version 2.0 has been released. It's available now for $199. This is a free Upgrade for Nortron 1.2 owners.
Spectrum is a performance sequencer with instant control over every musical aspect of your track, providing a higher level of interaction that inspires new ways of writing and remixing your songs. A single click of the mouse changes from legato to staccato, inverts your groove, mutes your rush, or drops into 1/2 time.
You might already have a sequencer, but DAWs were designed to record and edit performances. Spectrum is developed by musicians who want an experience the DAW can't offer.
- 32 channels of sequencing.
- 128 patterns up to 16 steps long.
- Elastic Envelopes that shrink and grow with note-length.
- Animated Envelopes - a different waveform for each note.
- Beat-match using DJ style tempo controls to push and pull the BPM.
- Modulate MIDI CC, note-length, velocity, pitch, number of notes, tempo, cursor position.
- Playback directions, groove templates, cross modulations, and more.
- Pitch Quantize to 20 different scales.
- 8 assignable Groups to control multiple channels at once.
- Polygnomes physical modeling synthesizer.
- Note input from computer keyboard, MIDI keyboard, or Realtime Audio->MIDI.
- Navigate the entire interface by mapping MIDI CC's to controls and keystrokes.
- Performance modes for working live with DJs, Bands, or solo.
- Channel and Global transposition controls.
- Channel Delay from 0-750ms.
- MIDI CC Maps/ MIDI Learn.
- VST / VSTi Host.
- Rewire, IAC, CoreMIDI, and CoreAUDIO are fully supported.
- Full integration with Pro Tools, Logic, Cubase, Live, and other popular DAWs.
KVR Audio, Inc.