Defective Records releases M185 Step Sequencer
28th March 2011
Defective Records has released the M185 Step Sequencer for Windows and Mac OS X.
M185 is a MIDI-enabled recreation of RYK's hardware M185 step sequencer developed with the input of RYK himself. It reproduces almost all of the features of the hardware version, and adds many new ones as well.
The hardware M185 was designed to work with Roland's classic 100M modular analog synth. This software version now opens up the unique capabilities of the sequencer, with its stage-specific gate modes and clock pulse count, to MIDI-enabled hardware and software synths.
- Multi-stage step sequencer with stage-selectable gate modes.
- Gate modes include Mute, Single, Multi and Hold.
- Trill mode available when in Multi mode within a stage.
- Polyphonic potential when using long Note Length values.
- Each stage can be from 1 to 8 clock pulses in length.
- Internal or MIDI clock control.
- Built-in clock divide capability.
- MIDI output to any hardware or software synth.
- VST instrument hosting.
- 16 preset slots for instant recall of parameters.
- Presets can be saved to and loaded from disk.
The full version of the software is $35 USD.
KVR Audio, Inc.