Native Instruments announce the B4D Controller
31st March 2004
The new B4D drawbar controller is an ideal addition to NI's award-winning B4 organ - giving direct access to every important parameter of the software for a true-to-life organ experience.
NI's B4 is widely acclaimed as the most authentic emulation of the legendary B3 tone wheel organ. With the new B4D Controller, the B4 not only sounds like, but also controls like the real thing, making it more authentic and playable than ever before.
- View photo of B4D Controller
The B4D controller features nine mechanical drawbars, two rotary knobs and 22 buttons, giving direct access to every important parameter and function of the software. While the nine drawbars of the B4D can control any of the three drawbar groups of the B4, the upper panel of the controller gives access to percussion, rotary speaker, vibrato, chorus, overdrive, volume and preset selection.
The B4D controller casing is built from solid metal and real wood, making it rugged as well as aesthetically pleasing. The controller is equipped with a MIDI-I/O and additional inputs for a parameter pedal and two additional foot switches.
The B4D controller is connected to the computer via MIDI and gives instant access to all B4 parameters without any configuration hassle.
Two or more controllers can be chained together via MIDI to provide simultaneous control over more than one of the B4's draw bar sets.
The B4D controller will be available in the second quarter of 2004 at a suggested retail price of $ 449 / 399 ï¿½.
Furthermore, a "B4 & B4D Controller" bundle will be available, combining the B4 organ with the B4D controller in one comprehensive package. Also included is the "Vintage Collection" tone wheel set, which expands the B4 with additional organ models. The B4 & B4D Controller bundle will be available at a suggested retail price of $ 559 / 499 ï¿½.
- Hardware controller for NI's award-winning emulation of the legendary B3 tone wheel organ.
- Features nine drawbars, two rotary knobs and 22 buttons for hands-on control of the B4 software.
- Direct access to drawbars, percussion, rotary speaker, effects, volume and preset selection.
- High-quality construction with casing made of metal and real wood.
- Connects to the computer via MIDI and offers additional inputs for foot switches and parameter pedal.
- Two or more B4D controllers can be chained together for accessing more than one drawbar set simultaneously.
- Also available as a bundle including the B4 organ and "Vintage Collection" tone wheel set.
VST, Audio Units, RTAS, DXI ASIO, Core Audio, DirectSound
KVR Audio, Inc.