Tone2 Audiosoftware updates ElectraX to v1.2
22nd June 2011
Tone2 Audiosoftware has announced a major free update of ElectraX including a number of new features. ElectraX 1.2 includes many user-requested features such as the ability to 'load patch to synth', new filter types and several Mod Matrix enhancements.
- 'Load patch to synth' allows to stack up to 4 patches for fat multi-timbral sounds.
- 'Copy' button now includes the option to create 4x stereo unison patches.
- Filter section has been extended with multiple unique Fractal Filter types.
- Analog modeled 'Moog' filter (Analog controls self oscillation and non-linearity).
- Analog modeled State Variable Low-pass filter with Filter-FM (Analog controls FM amount).
- Nonlinear 12dB Low-pass 'LP Shaped' filter.
- The oscillators now support drag & drop for wav and resynthesis import.
- Samples longer than 10 seconds can be loaded now.
- Loop / Single is automatically set on sample import.
- Octave / Semi is automatically detected from sample name (e.g. Piano_A-3.wav).
- Last folder is now remembered on wav load and fxp load / save.
- Mod Matrix destination 'Start' sets OSC start phase or Sample start point.
- Mod Matrix destination 'Mix' cross blends between filter 1 and filter 2.
- Mod Matrix sources now include 'MIDI CC', 'Breath', 'Foot', 'Expression', 'Hold'...
- Mod Matrix source 'VoiceNr' returns a value based on the current voice number.
- Mod Matrix source 'NumKeys' uses the number of pressed keys for more dynamic expression.
- Mod Matrix source 'KeySat.' returns a saturated version of key follow.
- Mod Matrix source 'Impulse' returns a 1ms long impulse suitable for attack sounds.
- Mod Matrix: 12 additional analog 'Decay' envelopes are now available as source.
- Native PC 64 Bit standalone version.
- 20 additional presets.
- Improved graphics with 4 new skins.
- FM on/off, OSC on/off, Distortion type and Sync can now be changed during playback.
- Oscillators that are FM modulated by a deactivated source do no longer output noise.
- Many improvements in sample handling.
- Up & down controls now display an arrow and are more smooth to handle.
- Improved sound when using glide mode.
- ElectraX is more robust against broken MIDI data sent by hosts.
- Improved CPU compatibility.
- A waiting icon is now displayed during patch load.
- 'Analog' psychoacoustic mode has been improved.
- Smarter installer.
- Trancegate is now only available as Insert Effect.
- Fixed a crash which could happen if patches were loaded during playback.
- Fixed a possible problem which could result in hanging notes.
- Fixed a rarely appearing problem where the plugin did not output sound.
- Fixed a rarely appearing GUI freeze.
- Fixed a click in sample playback.
- Fixed a possible glitch in the filters.
KVR Audio, Inc.