Cakewalk releases free SONAR X1c Update for SONAR X1 Producer, Studio, Essential and V-Studio 700
23rd August 2011
Cakewalk has released a free update for SONAR X1 Producer, Studio, Essential and V-Studio 700. All registered SONAR X1 customers can download the free SONAR X1c update at Cakewalk.com.
The SONAR X1c update rolls the general maintenance, usability enhancements and overall performance with stability focus of the SONAR X1a, X1b and QuickFix releases into one update along with a Step Sequencer and Loop Construction View UI overhaul.
New features in SONAR X1c
You can read more about these features in SONAR's online help by clicking Help > Help Topics.
Bus Selection (learn more)
Busses in SONAR X1 are now fully selectable and quick group-able. Additionally the following commands have been added:
- ALT+CLICK on a bus will select that bus as well as all upstream sources.
- ALT+CLICK on a track will select that track as well as all downstream destinations.
Independent Snap settings in the Piano Roll view (learn more)
The Piano Roll view now has independent snap settings that can be used to override the global snap value.
Last Note Selected for Draw Tool
The duration of the last clicked note is now remembered when the 'Last Selected' item is checked in either the Control Bar or HUD. When the draw duration is set to 'Last Selected' the draw duration will be whatever the last note clicked on in the Staff, Piano Roll or Inline Piano Roll views.
23.976 FPS Timecode format
SONAR now supports 23.976 frames per second on the time ruler.
UI Updates and Fixes:
- New UI for Step Sequencer.
- New UI for Loop Construction View.
- Various UI enhancements.
Issues addressed in the X1c update
- In some cases, SONAR crashed when trying to adjust clip envelopes.
- Fixed a case where SONAR would crash when showing the fret board from the Staff View.
- Mouse over options in HUD no longer freezes the UI during playback.
- Fixed a case where a crash could occur when canceling receive from Sysx window.
- Resolved issue where having too many keys bound to "Do Nothing" could cause a crash.
- In some cases projects with views in the MultiDock would intermittently crash upon opening.
- In some cases a Project's tracks would get out of sync after multiple loops.
- Addressed an error that could occur when scrubbing in the Controllers Pane.
- Resolved a crash that could occur when using synth mono outs and FX Chains.
- Resolved a potential crash with very long tab names present in MultiDock.
- Various stability and performance improvements.
- Feedback while moving rows has been improved.
- Under certain conditions MIDI CC data would be lost.
Loop Construction View:
- Auto play slice is now ON by default.
- Gain Envelope is now ON by default.
- In some cases the Up One Level button would not behave consistently.
- Browser Plug-in Layout is now properly persisted.
- Plug-in Layouts are no longer out of sync when switching screensets.
- Synth Rack Preset button is positioned correctly.
- Synth Rack Freeze Options button is positioned correctly.
- Dragging the Control Bar to the top or bottom now has UI feedback.
- Tabs now update correctly for views docked in the MultiDock.
- Console in MultiDock now draws the right edge correctly after the Browser or Inspector is re-sized.
- Fixed cases where the audio metronome would get out of sync with meter changes on count-in.
- Under some conditions the audio metronome would ignore meter changes.
- Un-muting now works for MIDI track layer while the transport is rolling.
- FX Chains now open correctly from the Track Inspector and Console View under all conditions.
- The Edit Filter for Busses can now be set by using middle mouse button or T key.
- Track Icons for busses now draw properly.
- MIDI track inputs can now be assigned to soft synth MIDI output (QuickFix 246/250).
- Driver warning dialog now has the correct instructions.
- FF and REW buttons in Transport toolbar would become 'stuck' under certain conditions.
- Video thumbnails now display correctly.
- Typo in insert synth or rewire device dropdown in the Browser.
- Revert value in Quick Groups now behaves correctly.
- Tracks set to Automation Data will no longer move the Now Time during playback.
- Fixed an issue where dragging an FX chain from a surround bus to a stereo bus would kill the audio engine.
- In some cases toggling Input Echo would cause hidden Console View modules to appear.
- HUD T key was not working on some systems.
- Roland GrooveSynth is now installed for Essential users.
- ProChannel modules no longer unintentionally auto-enable when reading automation snapshots or seeking in the time ruler. For more information on ProChannel auto-enable behavior, click here.
- Head of sample depth and bit rate on transport module no longer cut off on Japanese version.
- Top part of strings at Now Time indicator on Track View no longer cut off on Japanese version.
KVR Audio, Inc.