FabFilter releases Pro-G 1.02 update with "Ducking" style
8th October 2011
FabFilter has updated the FabFilter Pro-G gate/expander plug-in to version 1.02, adding a much requested 'ducking' style and various bug fixes and small improvements.
Changes in v1.02:
- Fixed crash in the AU version of Pro-G on Mac OS X 10.5 (accidentally introduced in version 1.01).
- Accessing the included help file on Mac OS X now works properly.
Changes in v1.01:
- Added new 'Ducking' style, implementing inverted gate/expander behavior. A typical application of ducking is to automatically lower the level of a musical background track when a voice-over starts, and to bring the level up again when the voice-over stops (in movies and on radio broadcasts). Ducking can also be used to achieve the well-known and very popular 'pumping' effect, much used in modern dance music.
- Improved keyboard handling on Windows, fixing the "space key stealing" problem in Studio One and FL Studio.
- Improved mouse handling behavior in Pro Tools when Cmd+Ctrl / Ctrl+Win -clicking a control to show the automation timeline.
- Fixed crash in MOTU Digital Performer with the mono version of Pro-G.
This is a free update for existing Pro-G users. FabFilter Pro-G is available for €129 / $174 / £114. Existing FabFilter customers can purchase Pro-G with great discounts by logging into their online user account.
KVR Audio, Inc.