Avid Moogerfooger AAX and Classic Compressors AAX Now Available
12th April 2012
Avid has announced that the AAX versions of the Moogerfooger and Classic Compressors plug-in bundles are now available.
Moogerfooger Bundle v10.2 (£449.95)
The Moogerfooger plug-ins combine the best features of audio effects and vintage synth modules.
- The Moogerfooger Ring Modulator's wide-range carrier oscillator and dual waveform LFO mean motion on rhythm tracks and radical low-fidelity textures.
- The Moogerfooger Lowpass Filter's envelope follower delivers classic '60s and '70s sounds on bass and electric guitar. Or dial up fat analog for any instrument using the 2-pole/4-pole variable resonance filter.
- The Moogerfooger 12-Stage Phaser combines a switchable 6- or 12-stage phaser with a wide-ranging, variable LFO. Start with subtle tremolo or radical modulation effects, then crank the distortion and resonant filters for unbelievable new sounds — all with the signature classic Moog sound.
- The Moogerfooger Analog Delay is claimed to be the coolest (and warmest) delay in the digital domain. Due to component shortages, fewer than 1,000 of "real-world" version were made. The designers snagged serial #1 and meticulously modeled every detail of the classic analog design.
Classic Compressors v10.2 (£449.95)
This release includes the rest of the Classic Compressors bundle following the prior release of BF-2A AAX.
Classic Compressors look, sound, and work just like the real thing. The Classic Compressors bundle includes the following plug-ins:
- BF-2A: The BF-2A is modeled after one of the most popular compressors in the industry — the renowned LA-2A. The BF-2A tube compressor plug-in's vintage sound delivers warmth and classic compression with the convenience and flexibility that only a software plug-in can offer.
- BF-3A: A prized component of the Classic Compressors line, the BF-3A plug-in adds a smoothness and sonic texture that makes sounds jump right out of the mix. Famous for its unique sonic imprint on guitar, piano, vocals and drums, the BF-3A sounds great on any voice or instrument and is an ideal go-to leveling amplifier for all your Pro Tools projects.
- Purple Audio MC77: The Purple Audio MC77 is meticulously modeled and personally approved by Andrew Roberts of Purple Audio, Inc. It is a spot-on digital replica of Roberts' MC77 Limiting Amplifier, which in turn is an update of his classic MC76 hardware unit. Representing a different take on the 1176-style FET limiter, Purple Audio MC77 gives you access to all the goodness of the original with the convenience and flexibility only a plug-in can offer.
- Fairchild 660 and 670: Designed in the early 1950s, the Fairchild 660 and 670 are variable-mu limiters. Variable-mu designs use an unusual form of vacuum tube that is capable of changing its gain dynamically. The result? In addition to featuring a tube output stage like the BF-2A, the Fairchild actually achieves gain reduction through the use of tubes. Of course, these no-compromise replicas capture every detail of these legendary pieces of studio gear.
KVR Audio, Inc.