Cakewalk releases Z3TA+ 2 Waveshaping Synthesizer for Mac VST3 and AU
7th August 2012
Cakewalk has announced the availability of Z3TA+ 2 Waveshaping synthesizer for Mac OS X 10.6.8 or higher in VST3 and AU formats. Z3TA+ 2 for Mac is available for download today at the Cakewalk Store.
Z3TA+ is a classic synthesizer with unique character and tonality. Its signature sound has been used in countless electronic, trance, and dance productions around the globe for a decade. The key to Z3TA+'s success has been its sound synthesis generation engine, featuring unique per-oscillator waveshaping capability, vast filters, multi-stage envelope generators, morphing and advanced modulation matrix with powerful effects routing.
Z3TA+ 2 Highlights:
- Waveshaper is an integral part of the Oscillator section with 4 new Waveshaping modes. All Waveshapers are accessible via the modulation matrix opening up an enormous amount of new sound shaping possibilities.
- 4 new Filter modes bringing the total to 14 filter modes with separation control for tweaking resonance peaks on stacked low-pass and high-pass filters. Both filters are readily accessible and visible simultaneously.
- New Graphically controlled Envelopes providing visual representation of all envelopes, mouse controlled ADSR, and improved naming and interface arrangement.
- New Graphical LFOs clearly show the resulting LFO shapes when morphing between two waves and the new AMOUNT fader quickly scales an LFO's intensity.
- New Graphical Arp provides visual display of Arp patterns, including 100 new patterns from Dance MIDI Samples. 50 new 'Gate' patterns, also from Dance MIDI Samples. Instantly apply trance gates to synth pads and leads while Humanize and Swing controls increase total Arp flexibility and expression.
- Effects enhancements include: Simple drag and drop routing of all effects, new Hypertube distortion algorithm, and highly flexible distortion module routing (apply to filter busses and master section or both simultaneously).
- Real-time Expression is enhanced with Adaptive Pitch Bend which allows for the bending of notes within the key and mode performed; automatically learns key based on performance.
- All Waveshapers can be mapped to the modulation matrix opening up a whole new world of expression when mapped to velocity and bend controls.
- XY Pad speed control allows users to adjust the morphing speed of XY coordinates.
- Z3TA+'s legendary sound engine has been improved with a new 'HIGHEST' SRC algorithm providing smoother, more accurate interpolation of wavetables.
Other UI enhancements:
- Layout is rearranged with numerous usability improvements.
- Menu items now show graphical previews (oscillator shapes, velocity curves, etc).
- New extended ribbon controller with latch (Shift-click).
- Menus are revamped with clearer organization and descriptions.
Plus new features added in Z3TA+ 2.1:
- Scala tuning files are now supported with the latest full library of Scala tuning files from the Scala homepage are included.
- Users can now search for presets using the Preset Search button.
- Arpeggiator Auto Fit mode loads any MIDI file and intelligently adjusts the data to work as a new arpeggiator pattern. Arp patterns can also be dragged to host applications for customization.
- New Program menu options have been added, including the option to set any preset as the default preset, display a list of the most recently loaded presets, and the ability to import banks in their original order.
- Memory usage has been greatly improved.
- And many more enhancements, improvements, and bug fixes.
Pricing & Availability
Z3TA+ 2 (Mac/VST3/AU) has an estimated street price of $99/€79/£69 (vat inclusive) and is now available at www.cakewalk.com. Customers who purchased Z3TA+ 2 (Win/VST2) will automatically receive the Mac installer in their store account at no additional charge. Registered Z3TA+ customers can upgrade for $49/€39/£35 (vat inclusive).
KVR Audio, Inc.