Defective Records Software updates M185 Step Sequencer to v1.6
12th November 2012
Defective Records has updated its M185 Step Sequencer to version 1.6 for Windows and Mac OS X.
M185 is a MIDI-enabled recreation of RYK's hardware M185 step sequencer developed with the input of RYK himself. It reproduces almost all of the features of the hardware version, and adds many new ones as well.
The hardware M185 was designed to work with Roland's classic 100M modular analog synth. This software version now opens up the unique capabilities of the sequencer, with its stage-specific gate modes and clock pulse count, to MIDI-enabled hardware and software synths.
New features in version 1.6 include:
- Global transpose function.
- Constrain notes to scale.
- Additional clock subdivisions.
- MIDI CC controllers now scaled to cover their full 0-127 range.
- Inactive stages now a bit lighter, so can edit them via MIDI CC even when inactive, and still see what you're doing.
- Demo preferences now isolated from Full Version preferences.
- On Macintosh, application signed with Apple Developer ID, so compliant with Mac OS Gatekeeper (10.7.x and 10.8.x) setting that allows identified Apple developer applications to be installed.
KVR Audio, Inc.