Sony Creative Software updates Vegas Pro 12 to Build 710
10th September 2013
Sony Creative Software has updated Vegas Pro 12 to Build 710.
Notable fixes/changes in version 12.0 (Build 710):
- Added an Enable progressive download check box to the Video tab of the Sony AVC/AAC Custom Settings dialog to allow your videos to begin playing during download. This check box is available only when rendering to MP4 formats.
- Added support for rendering XAVC MXF and XAVC S MP4 files to a folder on your computer.
- Added support for XAVC S video to the Device Explorer.
- Fixed a bug that could cause a crash when dragging a media file from the Vegas Explorer to a bin in the Project Media window.
- Fixed a bug that could cause a crash when opening the Project Media window after saving a Smart Bin and closing the Project Media window.
- Fixed a bug that could cause a crash when undoing new-track creation during playback.
- Fixed a bug that could cause exported projects to display a Media Relink error when opening in Media Composer.
- Fixed a bug that could cause an exception when importing Final Cut Pro 7 projects that contain multiple envelope points at the same location.
- Fixed a bug that could cause an error when using File > Import > AAF to import an AAF file with subclips.
- Fixed a bug that could cause a crash when opening the Render As dialog after saving a custom rendering template.
- Fixed a bug that could cause a crash when opening a still-image sequence with a filename that included % characters.
- Fixed a bug that could cause a crash when rendering very large projects to AC-3, ATRAC, FLAC, MP3, and OggVorbis formats on some systems.
- Fixed a bug that could cause a crash attempting to burn very large projects to DVD using Tools > Burn Disc > DVD.
- Fixed a bug that could cause the Burn Blu-ray Disc dialog to ignore a user-specified File path for the rendered image file.
- The Render button is now unavailable if the Name box in the Render As dialog is blank. Previously, an Invalid File Name error was displayed if you cleared the file name.
- Fixed a bug that could prevent you from changing the Pixel format and View transform settings on the Video tab of the Project Properties dialog after choosing either of the 32-bit floating point settings or the ACES RRT (sRGB) setting.
- Fixed a bug that could cause the eyedropper tool to choose the incorrect color in video plug-ins.
- Fixed a bug that could cause doubled audio to be recorded when using input monitoring.
- Fixed a bug that could cause the Project Recorded Files Folder dialog to be displayed when undoing or redoing audio track list changes.
- Fixed a bug that could cause selective prerender to fail when rendering using some XDCAM EX templates.
Notable fixes/changes in version 12.0 (Build 670):
- Added smart rendering support for Panasonic P2 files.
- The Panasonic P2 format now preserves 10-bit color when rendering.
- Added support for rendering 29.97p, 25p, 59.94i, and 50i AVC-Intra 100 Panasonic P2 video.
- Added an Optimize GPU display performance check box to the Video Preview tab in the Preferences dialog when Windows Graphics Card is selected in the Device drop-down list. We recommend leaving this check box selected. You can clear the check box if you experience system, external monitor, or video preview performance problems.
- Improved the Color Match plug-in to prevent an issue that could cause .veg file sizes to grow significantly for each instance of the Color Match plug-in.
- Improved AMD GPU performance when using Catalyst 13.x (format of driver version number changed).
- Improved Intel GPU performance when using driver 126.96.36.19970 or newer.
- Improved playback performance for AVC-Intra 100 Panasonic P2 video.
- New right-click menu in the Titles & Text plug-in allows quick access to Cut, Copy, Paste, Delete, and Select All commands for editing text.
- Fixed a bug that could cause a crash when attempting to explore a deleted folder in the Vegas Pro Explorer.
- Fixed a bug that could Vegas to crash when using the Device Explorer to view XAVC volumes that contained invalid clips.
- Fixed a bug that could cause Vegas to freeze when zooming the timeline when playing some projects with XAVC media.
- Fixed a bug that could cause a crash on some systems with NVIDIA graphics when resizing the Video Preview window during playback.
- Fixed a bug that could cause a crash when rendering some very large projects to QuickTime format.
- Fixed a bug that could cause a crash when double-clicking the Computer icon in the Vegas Explorer window.
- Fixed a bug that could cause some large, very complex projects to crash when working with very large MP4 videos on 64-bit systems (or when using the Upload to YouTube command).
- Fixed a bug that could cause a crash when pressing Esc to exit expanded edit mode after the edit track had been removed from the timeline.
- Prerendered video files are no longer invalidated by Project Properties changes unless settings on the Video tab are edited.
- Fixed a bug that caused field order in interlaced P2 files to be read incorrectly.
- Fixed a bug that could cause timecode to be written incorrectly when rendering Panasonic P2 files in 50p or 60p format.
- Fixed a bug that could prevent files from being removed after canceling a P2 render.
- Fixed a bug when rendering MainConcept MPEG-2 files that caused YUV color values from the source file to be changed in the rendered file.
- Fixed a bug that could cause the Preferences > General > Import MXF as multichannel setting to be ignored when importing XAVC video.
- Fixed a bug that prevented Vegas Pro from importing SStP MXF clips recorded by F5/F55 cameras.
- Fixed a bug that could cause audio dropouts when playing projects containing XAVC video.
- Fixed a bug that could cause video-proxy creation to fail for XAVC and P2 formats when switching away from Vegas Pro when the Close media files when not the active application General preference was selected.
- Fixed a bug that could cause generated media to use incorrect attributes after opening and closing projects with similar generated-media assets.
- Fixed a bug that caused the monitor to remain black after turning off Video Preview on External Monitor on systems with a Radeon GPU and Catalyst driver 12.10 or later.
- Fixed a bug that prevented thumbnail images in the Project Media window from displaying media rotation.
- Fixed a bug that could cause thumbnail images in the Project Media window to display at the incorrect size.
- Fixed a bug that could cause some MP4 video files to be read as audio-only files.
- Fixed a bug that could prevent Vegas from reading some rendered P2, MXF, and XAVC files.
- Fixed a bug that caused rendered MXF files to incorrectly report that they had been created using Vegas Pro 10.0.
- Fixed a bug that could cause playback issues with some standard-definition XDCAM MXF files.
- Fixed a bug that could cause a USB-connected P2 camera to be displayed multiple times in the Device Explorer.
- Fixed a bug that could prevent a USB-connected P2 camera from being displayed in the Device Explorer.
- Fixed a bug that prevented OFX track effects from being saved and applied properly with default track properties.
- Implemented a workaround for a Final Cut Pro X limitation when handling file names containing spaces. Media file naming has been revised when using File > Export > Final Cut Pro X and clicking Yes when prompted to export the media pool.
- Fixed a bug that could cause some projects to fail when exporting to Final Cut Pro X format if media field order was unknown.
- Fixed a bug that caused punch-in events to be displayed incorrectly in expanded edit mode.
- Fixed a bug that could cause MOV files recorded by iOS devices to be displayed with the incorrect rotation or aspect ratio.
- Fixed a bug that could cause the Video Preview window to freeze when adjusting video effect animation curve points in the Video Event FX window.
KVR Audio, Inc.