Mikrosonic releases RD4 - Groovebox for iPhone and iPad
19th September 2013
Mikrosonic has released RD4 – Groovebox for iOS, an app formerly only available for Android devices. It's available now on the iTunes App Store for $7.99.
RD4 - Groovebox is a music making app with virtual analog synthesizers, drum machines and effects. The app has a 4 channel mixer and the user can choose individually for each channel between the Analog, the Bassline and the Drum machine.
- 4 channel rack mixer.
- Instrument selection for each channel.
- Volume control with level meter per channel.
- Direct audio effect channel assignment.
- Tempo control with tap tempo.
- Channel mute and solo.
- 2 banks with up two 8 bars per instrument.
- Adjustable play modes from 1 to 8 bars and random modes.
- Song Mode with a length of up to 99 bars.
Choose between two virtual analog synthesizers and the drum machine for each channel:
- Synth modeled after legendary monophonic synths of the '70s.
- For fat sounding bass and powerful lead sounds.
- 3 oscillators with 6 different waveforms.
- Each oscillator can be tuned precisely and has a warmth control for the typical analog sound.
- Attack, Decay, Sustain and Release envelope generator.
- Pitch wheel.
- Low-pass filter (24dB/oct, 4-pole) with knobs for cutoff, resonance and an Attack/Decay/Sustain envelope generator.
- Recording of played notes in real-time.
- Piano Roll for editing recorded notes comfortably.
- Or compose by drawing notes directly with the piano roll in 1/16 or 1/32 resolution-.
- Piano roll editing features: Transpose Pattern, Shift Sequence and Quantize Pattern.
- Reminiscent of the legendary 303 synthesizer.
- Successor of the famous synthesizer Rubberduck from delusion.
- High-quality low-pass filter with resonance, cut-off, and envelope controls.
- Oscillator with 4 types of waveforms.
- Real-time step sequencer with accent and slide.
- Program beats with 10 classic drum kits: 808, 909, 606, CR-78, Linn, KR55, RX11, RZ1, DMX, DPM48.
- 8 channels per drum kit.
- Punch control for volume and envelope adjustments.
- Accent programmable for each drum channel.
- Free assignable effects for each drum sound.
- Channel mute, Closed Hi Hat mutes the Open Hi Hat.
- Real-time pattern based step sequencer.
- 5 effects: Reverb, distortion, filter, phaser and delay.
- Real-time controllable.
- X/Y control field for each effect.
- 4 effect sends.
- Chaining of 2 effects.
- Multi-touch control.
- Live session recording.
- Audio loop export feature.
- SoundCloud Sharing Kit integration.
- Session save capability.
- Cut/copy/paste pattern.
KVR Audio, Inc.