MOTU updates Digital Performer to v8.05
22nd October 2013
MOTU has updated Digital Performer to v8.05.
Here are a few highlights:
- Added "At Wiper" and "At Original Time" versions of Paste, Merge, and Splice. Refer to the commands window for their default key bindings.
- Performance improvements for video playback on Mac OS X.
- External video (DV and sample-accurate MOTU video hardware) can now sync to MTC or LTC.
- External video offset now applies to MOTU video hardware output (in addition to DV output).
- Latencies are now updated properly before bounce-to-disk.
- Improved latency compensation for side chains and virtual instrument (VI) aux outputs during bounce to disk and pregen mode.
- Improved DP's responsiveness to scroll wheels (on both Apple products and third-party products).
- Stability improvements in the Effects Chooser.
- Improved Audio Unit (AU) plug-in support (Omnisphere in particular).
- Improve compatibility with Vienna Symphonic Library (VSL) and Vienna Ensemble Pro (VEP).
- Selection info times are now stored per chunk rather than globally, restoring DP5 behavior.
- Fixed copy and paste behavior for soundbites with sync points.
- Restored the "None" start-up document option to the Mac version.
- Mixing board volume and pan are no longer chased for play-disabled MIDI tracks.
- Command/Ctrl-up/down arrow now zoom in the tracks overview.
- Improvements to color preferences and their effect on audio waveform colors.
- MIDI notes are no longer dropped during MIDI controller overdub recording.
- Autosave improvements: you can now limit how many auto-saves will be maintained by DP.
- Added support for the OSC control surface plug-in for 64-bit operation on Windows (required for DP8's iPhone app).
- Improved MP3 export speed.
- Option-clicking a window's close button now closes all similar windows (not all windows).
- AU automation values can once again be edited by typing into value boxes.
- Improved audio performance while slaved to MIDI Time Code (MTC).
- Double-clicking on soundbite in the Tracks overview once again scrolls to that soundbite in the sequence editor.
- Fixed Bounce to CD on the Mac.
- Addressed an issue with Custom Consoles when running DP in 64-bit mode.
KVR Audio, Inc.