SynthFont2 Public Beta Now Available
31st October 2013
Kenneth Rundt has announced that the first public beta version of SynthFont2 is now available for download. SynthFont2 is the second generation of SynthFont and has a number of new features and improvements. Here is a short list of some of them:
- Support for multiple time signatures.
- Smooth playback scrolling of the Pianoroll.
- Support for creating one more compressed audio format: M4A, based on the free AAC format.
- Support for creating compressed audio files using Variable Bit Rate.
- Support for multiple CPU cores.
- Support for some Windows 7/8 enhancements.
- A new combined SoundFont Override and Bank Manager: you can give SynthFont a number of SoundFonts and folders in which to search for banks missing in the default SoundFont.
- VU meters for the MIDI channels.
- More MIDI editing features.
- Function to quickly determine the maximum loudness of a song.
- MIDI data can be saved in the Arrangement file.
- ... plus a very large number of minor improvements and new features.
SynthFont2 is not freeware. If you have a valid SynthFont1 license (a license for the current generation) then you are entitled to use this beta version as long as you like. Users without a SynthFont1 license may try the beta version for 30 days.
KVR Audio, Inc.