Klanghelm updates DC8C to v2.1 and releases DC1A 2 (Free)
17th December 2013
Klanghelm has announced that the free compression plugin DC1A has been updated to v2.0, incorporating the compression engine of its big brother DC8C (which has been updated to v2.1).
DC1A 2 offers a few more tricks than its predecessor, such as compression with negative ratios and dual mono operation. Since the sound has changed, DC1A 2 has a new plugin id, so that it can be used alongside with V1.
Changes in DC8C v2.1:
- New GUI(s). Dedicated GUIs for each easy mode too.
- New metering, much more detailed and accurate.
- New dual mono switch for the easy modes.
- Mac RTAS is now officially supported.
- Less CPU consumption.
- Removed DC offset from saturation.
- Overall better handling of extreme settings.
- With no oversampling selected DC8C is zero latency now.
The update is free for existing users. DC8C still costs 20€.
KVR Audio, Inc.