Steinberg updates Nuendo to v6.0.7
4th February 2014
Steinberg has updated Nuendo to v6.0.7, which provides fixes of important issues in areas such as MixConsole, plug-ins and project management. In addition, Nuendo 6.0.7 features a rewrite of the AAF import filter, fixing problems occurring with AAF import of Pro Tools and Media Composer files.
Fixes and improvements
- Start-time and volume levels of AAF files are now imported properly.
- Import of AAF files no longer creates an empty project.
- Import of AAF files no longer fails when video track import option is chosen on import dialog.
- AAF files from Apple Final Cut Pro are now positioned correctly in Nuendo.
- AAF files with various sample rates and bit depths are now imported correctly.
- Conversion of embedded files now works flawlessly.
- A problem related to the buffer size (occurring during media consolidation) has been solved.
- AAF-export now works correctly in embedded format.
- Import of embedded AAF files from Media Composer now works flawlessly and in a reasonable period of time.
- AAF files from Media Composer containing rendered effects are now positioned properly in the Nuendo timeline.
- ClipGain values are now written to all channels of a multi-channel track.
- Audio files are now imported and placed at the right position in the Nuendo timeline.
- Import of AAF files now works correctly (no missing clips).
- AAF files from AVID Media Composer containing stereo channels now open correctly in Nuendo.
- Import of embedded AAF files now works correctly even if special characters are used in media paths.
- Embedded AAF is now supported without limitations under Mac OS (32-bit).
- AAF filter can now be set to 23,98fps project framerate and imports clips at correct position.
- Import of tracks now works correctly under 32-bit.
- When opening a file selector dialog the mouse wheel always works as expected.
- Reference and Dim preferences are no longer reset.
- (OS X 10.9): All non-modal windows are displayed correctly.
- Projects created in Cubase 7.5.x that use the new TrackVersions feature are fully compatible with Nuendo 6.0.7.
- When using the Browse button in the Add Audio Track window, the Previewer part is always displayed.
- The Edit Frame Offset settings are now applied correctly to the Nuendo SyncStation.
- Hovering over audio tracks in the tracklist no longer leads to audio drop-outs.
- Closing projects no longer results in an unresponsive state of the application.
- The layout of MixConsole no longer misaligns when switching from a multi-display setup to a one-display system.
- Hiding the EQ section in the Channel Settings window now works as expected.
- Using Control+Shift+arrows in MixConsole for changing levels now works as expected.
- The context menu on the channel strip module knobs and in the fader area of MixConsole now works correctly.
- Loading a second project with MixConsole opened in full-screen no works flawlessly.
- When using knob mode (EQ section in the Channel Settings windows) the phase reverse button is visible.
- Loading an FX chain preset no longer renders the application unreliable.
- Changing channels with cursor keys in the MixConsole (HW rack) no longer leads to an unresponsive state.
- The Offline Process History title now shows the correct plug-in name.
- Adjusting the volume of an audio event via keyboard shortcut while the Crossfade Editor is opened no longer leads to an unresponsive state of the application.
- Emptying trash in the Audio Pool now works without issues.
- The gain reduction meters of the Maximizer works as expected.
- Better performance when copying a REVerence instance to another channel or a channel containing REVerence.
- OS X 10.9: Using VST Connect no longer leads to an unresponsive state of the application.
- Using REVerence (or Roomworks) and bypassing it, then moving to a section in the project without audio and disabling bypass for REVerence no longer leads to unwanted playback of a buffered reverb tail.
- Using REVerence and switching between two program slots while enabled parameter fading no longer produces audio artifacts.
- MIDI: Resizing the controller lane in the Key Editor now works as expected.
- SCORE: Printing to PDF from Score Editor and replacing an existing PDF file no longer lead to an unresponsive state of the application.
- VIDEO: Importing multi-channel audio from QuickTime files now works as expected.
- HARDWARE: Changing the Digital I/O mode setting of MR 816 in the Control Panel or Audio Hardware Setup no longer renders the application unreliable.
Nuendo 6.0.7 alongside the full version history can be downloaded here.
KVR Audio, Inc.