SynthFont2 Public Beta updated to v22.214.171.124
11th February 2014
A new version of the Public Beta version of SynthFont2 is now available.
- The "Plug & Play" page has a "splitter" bar above the tracks list which you can drag up to increase the size of the list to see more tracks. Click the splitter bar to toggle maximum/minimum display.
- The "Open MIDI or Arrangement" menu did not always list the files in the expected order.
- An exception might occur if the configuration file "SynthFont.ini" was open in a text editor that prevented access to the file.
- Running SynthFont2 without a MIDI file (in MIDI Port input mode) would cause Synthfont2 not to read some default configuration settings.
- Layer tracks would not always have the correct value for VOL displayed in the tracks list.
- The editor for VST effects and instruments might initially display the wrong program and not the one stored in the Arrangement.
- Version 126.96.36.199 could be very slow to start up.
- When assigning a SoundFonts to a tracks with bank > 0 (the default) and the desired bank/preset combination was not found, you would be asked to assign a Preset from the default bank, but not told the reason.
- Handling of overlapping notes has been slightly changed and some bugs fixed.
- Playing in loop mode and having chosen "Continue to the end after loop" would not make the playback cursor in the Pianoroll to continue to the end.
- Moving notes up/down (=transpose) in Pianoroll used to move also percussion notes, which probably was not a good idea.
- Moving notes towards the beginning of the tune (e.g. to remove the initial bars) using "Change time (position) of events" in Pianoroll/Edit track would position notes that would be moved to a negative time at time 0 instead – these notes are now deleted.
- Some MIDI files were not correctly read.
- SynthFont2 would not let you save a MIDI files in Mode 0 (one single track for all channels) using the "Save As..." function.
- The SoundFont file open dialog used to have three radio buttons at the bottom for selecting which MIDI programs to assign the SoundFont to (only pertinent for tracks with multiple program changes). These were confusing at times and have been removed. A dialog box will be displayed instead when required.
- SynthFont2 could not download the setup file for update (file was missing but Windows might suggest that the file is not compatible with Window).
- Overlapping notes and handling of overlapping notes set to "Replace by one single long note" did not work in loop mode.
- When playing to a file in loop mode the playback time was incorrectly calculated (=accumulated time, which is kind of correct, but not what was intended).
- SynthFont2's Explorer would not locate and arrangement file in the same folder as the MIDI file.
- The 'Search for lost MIDI files' function did not work with SynthFont2 arrangements (*.s2arr).
- A few other reported bugs fixed.
- In the Open arrangements menu, SynthFont2 arrangements (*.s2arr) are always listed first.
- In case of multiple MIDI program changes in one track within a short time, some changes could have been lost.
- SFZ files were not correctly handled.
- The setup file did not create a shortcut to the executable in the programs menu.
- Fixed some bugs in the Group file editor.
- … and some other minor glitches and flaws.
- Version 188.8.131.52 introduced a serious bug that would make some MIDI files unplayable.
- The same bug could also cause an exception (thanks for all those log files.).
- Settings for VST Instruments and Effects were not always correctly saved in the Arrangement.
- Fixed a few other minor bugs, e.g. changing the default SoundFont did not update the SoundFont Overrides and Banks Manager.
- Version 184.108.40.206 did not apply SoundFont Overrides (these are only applied to the default SoundFont or when a particular Bank:Preset combination is not found).
- Fixed a bug in the MIDI file reading routine that could cause some tracks to be muted by default.
- Fixed the first set of bugs based on the first set of crash reports.
- DLL required for creating MP4 files were not included in the distribution for 220.127.116.11.
KVR Audio, Inc.