Sagan Technology updates Metro to v7.2.2
3rd March 2014
Sagan Technology has updated Metro to version 7.2.2.
New to this version:
- An Automation Event Editor is now incorporated in the event editor. This allows for precise editing of all raw automation data. (Full version only).
- The scope of track insert plug-ins has been changed to global. This means that insert plug-ins, such as soft-synths are now available to all sections. Any section can now be thought of as an instrument rack.
- The drum sets in the drum set selection popups are now sorted.
- The default multiple output setup is now configured via the plug-ins specification.
- The names of each of a plug-in's multiple outputs are displayed in a help-tag when hovering over the output in the instantiated effects window.
- The automatic scroll edit delay has been changed to 4 seconds.
- Next and previous preset buttons have been added to the real-time arpeggiator. This is very convenient for auditioning arpeggiator presets.
- 'No Pattern' button added to the Rhythm Explorer when recording.
- The Sections window now displays the currently selected section with an outline when the window is not in front.
Fixed in this version:
- VST plug-ins were not being correctly informed when they were being rendered faster than real time. This was causing Vienna Ensemble Pro 5 (and perhaps other plug-ins) to not render or mix correctly.
- The initial positions of the track windows data fields were being set incorrectly for the 'SharpGray' style. For example, the input vu levels were being hidden by default.
- A crash could occur if a plug-in was not sending automation in the correct sequence.
- A crash could have occurred if the number of mixer channels was less than 4.
- It was possible that bypassing effects could cause noise or buzzing when multiple zero input plug-ins were contained in the same plug-in chain.
- Plug-ins were not being informed of tempo changes immediately when playback was stopped.
- It was possible that an audio track would not initially play back if multi-core audio was selected.
- The display of an effect parameter automation could have shown incorrect data.
- Several memory leaks have been plugged.
- Better error message handling when a plug-in fails to load.
- If a plug-in with zero audio inputs was loaded in the middle of a effects chain, it's data chunk was not being restored.
- The play bar color was not being restored properly when loading older documents (PC only).
- Rhythm Explorer recording has been made more robust.
- Selection filter display improved for 'SharpGray' style.
- Multi-core rendering was not working correctly in some cases (Mac only).
- MIDI record device selection was not working correctly until exiting and restarting. This bug was introduced in 7.0.2 (Mac only).
- Other feature enhancements and fixes.
KVR Audio, Inc.