Monoplugs updates B-Step Sequencer to v1.2 and releases standalone for Mac OS X, Windows and Linux
15th April 2014
Monoplugs has updated B-Step Sequencer to v1.2 and released it as standalone for Mac OS X, Windows and Linux.
The standalone version of B-Step you can sync via MIDI Clock to your DAW or MIDI hardware. Also you can run the sequencer as MIDI Clock master and sync your devices to B-Step.
- Windows: default MIDI driver & Kernel Streaming (ASIO will follow).
- Mac OS X: CoreMIDI.
- Linux: ALSA.
In B-Step Sequencer 1.2 Monoplugs have improved the chord editor, added some new features to the sequencer and cleaned up a lot of things to make it much more usable than before. Now you can import/export your projects, MIDI controller maps, chord sets and presets from/to file and share them between the standalone and VST version or with your friends.
- Stop playing notes if playback stops.
- Add Error messages if a MIDI port is not able to open (have a look in our forum to fix issues on Windows).
- MIDI learn map will not loaded correctly.
- MIDI Thru bug.
- Restore MIDI ports on reopen B-Step.
- Add clock thru option in standalone.
- Add export/import project files.
- Add export/import chord presets.
- Add export/import MIDI maps.
- Add some project presets & chord presets.
- Add mute-chain | you can now play empty bars or mute a bar in the chain.
- Add master track octave offset rotaries.
- Add what's the next bar in the chain marker.
- Add panic button.
MIDI learn (new design):
- Add Feedback.
- Change the editor layout and MIDI learn handling.
- Clean up settings editor.
- Clean up main interface.
- Add tree different colour setups.
- Remove step was enabled marker.
- Add bar copy support (hold down one bar button (source) and click a other bar button (target) ).
- Change default MIDI channel to 1.
For more information about the sequencer have a look at the KVR B-Step product page or visit the home of B-Step Sequencer.
KVR Audio, Inc.