Audacity v1.2.3 released
20th November 2004
The open source audio editor Audacity
has been updated to v1.2.3. This release fixes a bug that interfered with long recordings on some Windows systems, and another bug that causes random crashes on Mac OS X. It also includes several updated translations, and some other minor bug fixes and improvements. Changes:
- Windows: Fixed a bug that caused recording to stop or display incorrectly after about 50 minutes, on some Windows systems (This was partly fixed in Audacity 1.2.2, but still didn't work on some systems).
- Mac OS X: Fixed a major bug that caused Audacity to crash at seemingly-random times on Mac systems, especially during playback or recording.
- The Change Pitch and Change Tempo effects have been upgraded to use a new version of the SoundTouch library by Olli Parviainen, with better speed and higher quality.
- libsndfile has been upgraded to version 1.0.11. Audacity can now import Sound Designer II (SDII) files.
- Fixed a bug that caused the program to run slowly when using the Envelope tool.
- Shift-clicking on a mute or solo button now un-mutes (or un-solos) all other tracks.
- Nyquist plug-ins can now accept strings as input. Also, a "Debug" button has been added to Nyquist effect dialogs, which allows you to see all of the output produced by Nyquist, for aid in debugging.
- When the audio file referenced ("aliased") by an Audacity project is missing, Audacity will now always play silence. Before, Audacity would sometimes repeat the most recent audio that was played previously.
- VU Meters will now always reset when audio I/O has stopped.
- New or updated translations: Italian (it), Hungarian (hu), Ukrainian (uk), Spanish (es). Polish (pl), Simplified Chinese (zh), Norsk-Bokmal (nb), French (fr), Russian (ru).
KVR Audio, Inc.