Blue Cat Audio updates PatchWork to 1.2 and MB-7 Mixer to 2.2
25th April 2014
Blue Cat Audio have released Blue Cat's PatchWork 1.2 and MB-7 Mixer 2.2, new versions of their audio plug-ins that can host third party VST plug-ins.
With Blue Cat's PatchWork 1.2, Blue Cat Audio has added flexible MIDI routing capabilities to its "universal plug-ins patch bay": it is now possible to connect hosted plug-ins together or with the host application to send or receive MIDI events. For both plug-ins, this new version also brings the ability to rename plug-ins instances, as well as several performance and compatibility improvements (full list below).
The update is free for existing customers and is available for download from the same page as the initial purchase (link received by email). Demo versions are also available for download on www.bluecataudio.com, in VST, RTAS, AAX, Audio Unit and DirectX formats, for both Mac OS X and Windows (32 and 64-bit).
New in PatchWork 1.2:
- MIDI Routing: custom MIDI routes can be created to connect plug-ins together and with the host application, to send and receive MIDI messages.
- Mono to stereo processing: the plug-in can now be used as a mono to stereo plug-in and process mono tracks with stereo effects in hosts that support it.
- The "Parameters Map" menu item is now checked when a parameter is mapped.
New for both plug-ins:
- Plug-in instance Renaming: it is now possible to give a name to each instance of a plug-in.
- Improved performance of undo tracking when loading presets for plug-ins with many parameters.
- Improved performance when changing the size of the plug-in user interface.
- Fixed keyboard stealing issue in many host applications when sub plug-ins editors are opened (except 32-bit applications on Mac).
- Fixed compatibility issue with Pro Tools 9 on Mac (random crashes).
- Fixing crashes with some plug-ins requesting information while being opened.
- Blue Cat's PatchWork: 59 € or $79.
- Blue Cat's MB-7 Mixer: 99 € or $129.
KVR Audio, Inc.