bigcat Instruments Releases 40 Free Kontakt 5 Instruments Converted From The MSLP Project
28th April 2014
bigcat Instruments has converted many instruments from the MSLP project that Erick Kvist did about 5 years ago. He created dozens of instruments and something like 15,000 samples for Reason.
This Kontakt 5 conversion totals 40 instruments with well over 10,000 samples weighing in at over 1 gig compressed.
The highlights are:
- A flute with over 900 samples, 180 MB compressed. There are vibrato and non-vibrato modes with 3 velocity layers, round robin staccatos and more.
- A trombone with 650 samples, 84 MB, 3 velocity layers, staccato round robins, gliss, swells and more.
- A cello weighing in at 68 MB with 800 samples. 3 velocity layers in sustain and staccato.
- A Piano Grand Soft it has one soft velocity layer so it works nicely as an intimate piano.
- Idiophone Collection: Marimba, Xylophone, Vibraphone.
- Acoustic Guitar Chords, Electric Guitar Chords, Acoustic Lil Nylon, Eight Basses, Double Bass, Mandolin, Folk Violin Lofberg, Banjo, Sad Clarinet, Saxophone, Orchestral Percussion - includes Bass Drum, Timpani and Tambourine, Timpani Long Crescendo, Maracas and Jingle Bells.
- Plus a set of Sampled Toys: Toy Baby Piano, Melodica, Toy Zither, Toy Zylo, Toy Marimba, Broken Toy Marimba, Recorder, Hippo Harmonica, Tropical Typhoon, Easter Eggs.
Based on samples from the MSLP project created by ERICK KVIST. These samples are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution non-commercial 3.0.
KVR Audio, Inc.