GoldWave v6.00 Beta Released (64-bit)
30th April 2014
GoldWave Inc. has announced that v6.00 Beta of GoldWave, the audio editor application for Windows, is now available.
GoldWave v6.00 is a major update to with many changes across the entire program, primarily for multichannel support for up to 8 channels and 64-bit executable for accessing more than 2 GB of memory.
Larger tool bar buttons, themes, and many other interface changes have been made to improve usability. The old compiled help system and manual have been replaced with a unified help file in standard HTML format.
- Only mono, stereo, 3.1, 5.1, and 7.1 channel layouts are supported. 4 channel stereo front/rear is not supported.
- The help/manual has not been fully updated.
- Memory storage is now used by default for faster processing. To use hard drive storage, use Options | Storage to change the setting. Files stored in memory cannot be recovered if a crash occurs.
- Settings are now stored in a file in standard XML format in the application data folder instead of the Windows registry. Licenses, which were stored in the registry, are not found automatically. A license must be entered again. Custom settings and presets from older versions of GoldWave will not be carried over to v6.00.
- APEFile, GWBPMCounter, GWMPVisual, DirectX plug-ins have not been updated yet.
- Some plug-ins are not supported yet. These include:
Work will continue to add these (if feasible).
- QTFile - 64-bit version of QTMLClient.dll is not provided by Apple.
- GWVST - 32-bit VST modules cannot be loaded into a 64-bit program.
- GWAMP - 32-bit plug-ins cannot be loaded into a 64-bit program.
GoldWave v6.00 requires Windows 7 64-bit or later. It will not run or install on any 32-bit versions of Windows. GoldWave v6.00 is a beta (test) version and may be unstable.
Find out more and download the beta version here.
KVR Audio, Inc.