Tokyo Dawn Labs and VOS update SlickEQ to v1.0.1 and add AAX support
2nd May 2014
Tokyo Dawn Labs and Variety of Sound have updated SlickEQ to version 1.0.1.
Changes in 1.0.1:
- New AAX Editions (experimental, Win32 not functional).
- Performance optimizations (+30% in some cases).
- Value-displays now accept "," as decimal separator (in addition to ".").
- Fixed rare denormal issues.
- User presets slots increased to 10.
- On a Mac, short-cut labels show "Cmd" instead of "Ctrl".
- Preset code now uses the Plugin-name as root tag (the old format is still supported).
- Show parameter units in GUI-less mode.
- Fix in mac install script bug which prevented the creation of user presets.
SlickEQ is a collaborative project by Variety of Sound (Herbert Goldberg) and Tokyo Dawn Labs (Vladislav Goncharov and Fabien Schivre).
Key specs and features:
- Intuitive, yet flexible semi parametric EQ layout.
- Full featured, modern user interface with great usability and ergonomics.
- Carefully designed 64-bit "delta" multi-rate structure.
- Three EQ bands with additional 18dB/Oct high-pass filter.
- Four distinct EQ models: "American", "British", "German" and "Soviet" with optional non-linearity.
- Four output stages: "Linear", "Silky", "Mellow" and "Deep".
- Advanced saturation algorithms by VoS ("stateful saturation").
- Highly effective and musically pleasing loudness compensated auto gain control.
- Oversampled signal path including stateful saturation algorithms.
- Stereo and sum/difference processing options.
- Tool-bar with undo/redo, A/B, advanced preset management and more.
KVR Audio, Inc.