Digital Brain Instruments releases "BCast Mixer" - all-in-one solution for events broadcasting for Mac & Win
7th May 2014
Digital Brain Instruments has introduced BCast Mixer, a dedicated standalone software mixer developed for events broadcasting, including conferences, meetings, speeches, podcasting or radio.
BCast Mixer allows managing any small or medium broadcasting event using only your computer, soundcard, optional MIDI controller and your favourite audio plug-ins, instead of a hardware audio mixer. It includes an auto-mic processing mode to avoid feedback and background noise coming from open microphones which are not in use.
Custom versions are available under request.
- Input Channels:
- BCast mixer can work in 2 different input configuration: 8 mono inputs / 6 mono + 1 stereo inputs.
- Depending your soundcard capabilities you'll be able to use more or less Mic/Line inputs in your system.
- Pad Attenuator: Optional -20dB gain reduction to input signals.
- Input Gain: +/- 15dB.
- High Pass Filter: Optional 80Hz or 100Hz HPF.
- Parametric EQ: Each channel includes a 3-Band parametric Eq, HPF & LPF.
- Plug-ins: Load up to 2 VST/AU plug-ins per channel.
- Up to 2 stereo send (S1/S2).
- Gain control.
- Output metering.
- Includes 3 stereo sub-groups.
- Load up to 2 VST/AU plug-ins on each sub-group.
- Auto Mic Mode:
- Audio processing mode designed to avoid feedback and background noise coming from microphones which are not in use but still actives.
- Audio input signals below the selected threshold will be deactivated until it reaches the minimum input gain selected, meaning that when nobody is talking to a specific microphone it will be automatically deactivated and muted. You can manually set the minimum threshold in dB.
- Master Output:
- Individual control for L & R sides. Channels link available.
- Includes Room EQ (5-Band Parametric EQ) & Compressor.
- Pink Noise Generator:
- Generates a Pink Noise signal.
- Allows applying acoustic room correction to any venue.
- You'll need a measurement microphone and a frequency spectrum analyzer plug-in loaded both at Stereo Output and at Input Channel 1 (for example).
- Room EQ is designed to apply "Room Correction EQ" after your measurements and EQ corrections.
- You can also use a plug-in EQ on Channel 1 to make the right corrections to audio spectrum and just copy this parameters to the same plug-in EQ loaded on Stereo Output.
- Recording: 8/16/24/32-bits & WAV/AIFF Files.
- Input & Output Routing: Set up your own configuration depending your soundcard and needs at any time.
- MIDI Control: Control any fader or gain pot via your MIDI device.
- Preset Manager: Create your own presets. Store & recall the whole session data.
- Mac: Intel machine running OS X 10.6 or later (including 10.9). Minimum RAM 1GB.
- PC: Windows XP, Vista, or Windows 7 machine with a Pentium 4 or Celeron compatible processor or higher. Minimum RAM 1GB.
- $29 Intro Offer (Expires May 20).
- $49 Regular.
Demo versions are available. Fully functional except for:
- Audio Output will stop after 10 minutes.
- Preset Manager disabled.
Find more info at Digital Brain Instruments.
KVR Audio, Inc.