sonicLAB updates Cosmosƒ to v2.4 and releases Cosmosf vSaturn
29th May 2014
sonicLAB has released two new versions of the Cosmosƒ "advanced stochastic synthesiser".
Cosmosƒ v2.4 (update):
- New windowing functions (Exponential Attack, Exponential Decay) has been added as the amplitude envelope functions of micro & meso events.
- All the windowing functions now apply also as envelope functions for micro & meso event filter cutoff parameter.
- Tempo Sync between the host application and the Cosmosƒ plugin is possible. (e.g. the tempo controls the macro event cell length).
- numerous fixes and some more CPU friendly changes.
- This update is free for the existing users of v2.3.
Cosmosƒ vSaturn (upgrade) includes all the existing features of v2.4 and additionally:
- A unique "Sieves" engine has been implemented. It builds the musical scales to filter and map the Cosmosƒ raw modulation outputs on various synthesiser parameters.
- The predefined scales are chromatic, major, minor, pentatonic, dorian, phrygian, maqam and in-sen. A powerful interface for designing additional custom scales with micro tonal intervals is built in.
- Tone divisions of the scales is available in settings between 6-96. The infinity represents the raw data of Cosmosƒ.
- Micro event and meso event synthesis parameters including "pitch", "amplitude", "filter cutoff", "grain playback rate" and "ring mod frequency" can be sieved pre or post modulation generators of Cosmosƒ in realtime within audio rate precision.
- A transition slider between raw Cosmosƒ output and sieved output serves for continuous morphing between the two states.
- A unique visualiser presents the process of "Sieves".
- Cosmosƒ vSaturn also offers a clever MIDI response to perform on Cosmosƒ micro events with the "Sieves".
- Single notes or chords can be performed on MIDI to control the micro event pitch relationship inside the relevant meso events.
- Also there is a audio rate precision arpeggiator with stochastic features implemented in this new version bringing innovative results.
Cosmosƒ vSaturn upgrade price for registered Cosmosƒ Plug-in users is 29€/39$.
For new users there is a Professional Edition of Cosmosƒ vSaturn offered for 169€ and Academic Edition for 119€.
All relevant info can be found on sonicLAB website. The demo video of the product is here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=GM-mNlrDLlE
KVR Audio, Inc.