Samples From Mars releases Simmons SDS-800 Samples
8th June 2014
Samples From Mars has released the Simmons SDS-800 Samples Library, which is a 520 sound collection of 24-bit samples from the 80s analog drum synthesizer.
The Simmons produces the classic syn-tom effect that was found in many disco, boogie and reggae productions of that era. In the 90s, the white noise snare / hi hat became popular in Techno productions, and in the 2000s, groups like LCD Soundsystem re-popularized the Simmons sound with tracks like "Losing my Edge" and "Get Innocuous".
- 520 24-bit 44.1 kHz Simmons wav files recorded through a tasteful analog signal chain.
- 150+ variations of analog syn-toms (compressed, uncompressed, white noise, decay length, filter).
- 120+ chromatically tuned kicks and toms, labeled by note name, makes melody and basslines easy.
- Over 125 resonant, punchy white noise snares and hi-hats.
- 195+ subby, soft and undoubtedly analog kick drums (variations include: pitch bend, white noise, decay length, filter amount.
Some of the Gear Used:
- API 512C Microphone Preamp.
- Radial JDI Direct Box.
- API 560 Equalizer.
- Universal Audio 1176 Compressor.
- SSL Gate.
- Yamaha CS-5.
- Mutronics Mutator.
- Otari MTR-12 Mastering Reel to Reel.
- Apogee Rosetta 800 Converters.
Price: $24. Find out more at www.samplesfrommars.com/simmons-drum-samples
KVR Audio, Inc.