Avid updates Pro Tools to v11.2
1st July 2014
Avid has updated Pro Tools 11 to v11.2.
- Avid DX Driver 5.9 released, compatible with Media Composer | Software version 7.0.4 (or higher). Run DX Driver Installer if you use Avid DX video hardware.
- Improved Video Engine performance during fast forward, rewind, and cursor drags.
- Importing video files during playback will no longer cause Pro Tools to stop responding. To improve stability, importing video files to the Clip List via drag-and-drop is disabled during playback.
- Video Engine no longer momentarily displays an incorrect frame when returning to zero with Insertion Follows Playback enabled.
- HD video reference rates are now selectable when the Clock Source is set to Word Clock or AES.
- Scrubbing from a Satellite-linked system with Video Engine disabled will no longer cause dropped frames on a connected system that has Video Engine enabled.
- Scrubbing on a linked Satellite system no longer prevents playback on an unlinked Satellite system.
- Single-frame nudges performed in Pro Tools are now correctly followed by Media Composer when connected with Video Satellite.
- The "Plug-in Controls Default to Auto-Enabled" preference no longer interferes with settings recall in multi-mono plug-ins.
- MasterMeter no longer causes CPU usage spikes.
- Improved audio stability when using the Preview function of AudioSuite plug-ins.
- Fixed an issue that could incorrectly change the automation-enabled status of some plug-in parameters to disabled.
You will notice some changes in the latest Pro Tools release regarding Gobbler support. For the time being, Avid have chosen to remove Gobbler functionality in Pro Tools 11.2. Avid are working to transform the industry with Avid Everywhere and their new MediaCentral Platform. They are working with all of their partners to take advantage of Avid Everywhere and enhance their customers' workflows with the platform. Avid will work with Gobbler and all partners in the industry to ensure that their customers have the best seamless workflow experience with Avid products:
- Fixed an issue that could cause Pro Tools to stop responding after using Bounce to Disk with a physical output as the Bounce Source.
- Clip Gain settings now remain intact after healing separations.
- Pro Tools no longer displays linked files on mounted volumes as offline when opening sessions saved with the volume un-mounted.
- Pro Tools no longer incorrectly truncates or removes volume names in file paths when saving a session.
- Fixed an issue that could corrupt audio files extracted from CD.
- Virtual instruments no longer continue sustain after the transport has been stopped.
- Fixed a case where using Import Session Data with Elastic Audio-enabled tracks could cause Pro Tools to quit unexpectedly.
- Imported tracks are now ordered correctly when using Import Session Data.
- Pro Tools no longer quits unexpectedly when healing Clip Group separations.
- Fixed a case where Pro Tools would quit unexpectedly when performing Elastic Audio analysis while automatically re-linking files.
KVR Audio, Inc.