Apple updates Logic to v7.0.1
19th January 2005
Apple has updated Logic to v7.0.1, which addresses isolated performance and stability issues and improves compatibility with a number of Audio Units plug-ins. An update to the Logic Node application is necessary to maintain compatibility with Logic 7.0.1. The Node update software is contained in the Logic Pro 7.0.1 Update package.
- Apple Loops playback correctly in sessions with sample rates other than 44.1 kHz.
- Recycle files consistently import as expected.
- All Acid Loops transpose in Loop Browser as expected.
- TDM tracks are successfully bounced even when native bounce is set to "offline".
- Accents in sequencer now perform consistently.
- There are no longer graphic glitches when copying step sequences.
- The Import of Ultrabeat factory drum kits now works consistently.
- Drum voices begin playback more quickly when auditioning while importing a Ultrabeat kit.
- Automating more than one Ultrabeat drum voice now works as expected.
- Loading a Channels Strip Setting will no longer switches the "Transpose" instrument parameter on.
- The Guitar Amp mic position setting is not lost when loading a Channel Strip Setting from Logic Express into Logic Pro.
- MIDI device names from Audio MIDI Setup or Logic Setup Assistant show up properly in default song.
- Multi-Instrument Bank Messages won't change when importing a Song from Logic Pro 6.4.3.
- "Goto Position" window does not inadvertently switch to current SPL position when opened.
- "Send to MIDI > Maximum Volume" sends to all channels, not just channel 1.
- Guitar Tablature preferences and tuning definitions can be entered via menu options again.
- Screen updates now occur more consistently so there are less graphic glitches.
- Audio Suite plug-ins process correctly regardless of whether there are open floating windows.
- Both sides of a split stereo file are converted when performing a sample rate conversion within the Sample Editor.
Track Automation fixes:
- The Copy/Convert function behaves properly.
- The names of Pitch Correction plug-in parameters are displayed correctly.
Control Surface Support fixes:
- Logic Control no longer generates notes in Learn mode.
- All plug-in parameter names are displayed correctly.
- Yamaha mixers no longer install multiple times in the Setup window.
- Assignments are now possible in the Controls View.
- Surround Joysticks work properly.
KVR Audio, Inc.