Sony updates Acid Pro (v5.0c) and Sound Forge (8.0b)
8th August 2005
Sony has released updates to Acid Pro
(v5.0c) and Sound Forge
Notable Changes/Fixes in Acid Pro v5.0c:
- A bug has been fixed that prevented the input channel number from being recorded when recording MIDI.
- A bug has been fixed that could cause the Media Manager to crash when performing some editing operations if the Save media-usage relationships in active media library check box on the General page of the Preferences dialog was selected.
- The Microsoft SQL Server Desktop Engine (SONY_MEDIAMGR) setup has been revised to improve security.
- A bug has been fixed that prevented you from creating a media library in any folder that contained a ' character in its path.
Notable fixes/changes in Sound Forge v8.0b:
- A problem with punch-in recording from the Record Remote dialog has been fixed.
- VST plug-in scanning has been improved.
- A bug has been fixed that could cause DirectX and VST plug-ins to remain in the FX Favorites menu after removing or hiding the plug-ins.
- A bug in the Multi-Band Dynamics dialog has been fixed.
- The Set To command on the envelope point shortcut menu in the Graphic Fade dialog now works correctly.
- A bug has been fixed that could prevent you from editing two files with the same file name simultaneously.
- A bug has been fixed that could cause problems with updating meters displayed in plug-in windows.
- A bug has been fixed that could cause the following message to be displayed on startup on systems that included some Adobe applications: "This application has failed to start because PRM.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."
- A bug has been fixed that could cause processing jobs in the Batch Converter to fail when the Same as source radio buttons are selected.
- A bug has been fixed that prevented Japanese text from being saved with scripts.
- A bug has been fixed that prevented audio preview when using Echo Audio devices with PureWave or default Wave settings.
- A bug has been fixed that could prevent some commands from being mapped to custom keyboard shortcuts.
- Each Open dialog now saves its own most recently used folder list.
- Markers and regions are now saved correctly with .ogg files.
- A problem has been fixed that could prevent CD drives from being recognized on some systems.
KVR Audio, Inc.