KV331 Audio releases SynthMaster 2.9: Adds wavetable features, new factory presets, in-app-store and internationalization (I18N) support
22nd December 2017
KV331 Audio has updated their all-around software synthesizer SynthMaster to version 2.9 with new wavetable features, new factory presets, in-app-store, internationalization support and critical fixes.
This update brings the following new features to SynthMaster:
- Wavetable synthesis: SynthMaster now supports wavetables with up to 256 waveforms. Users can easily import wavetables by dragging and dropping files/folders on to the wavetable display. The wavetable display can show wavetables in 4 different ways: 2D Waveform, 2D Spectrum, 3D Waveform and 3D Spectrum. The factory waveforms and wavetables in SynthMaster One are also included in SynthMaster 2.9.
- New Factory Presets: SynthMaster 2.9 comes with 150 new factory presets by Bluffmunkey, Aelyx Design and Gercek Dorman
- In-App-Store: SynthMaster 2.9 dramatically simplifies the workflow for purchasing, downloading and installing KV331 Audio products by introducing an 'In-App-Store' built right inside the plugin. Users can see the products that they've purchased, download and install the ones that are not on their system with the click of a button.
- Internationalization (I18N) : SynthMaster 2.9 brings support for UTF8 encoded file paths, so it's now fully compatible with international users who use an operating system with a non-Ascii character set.
There are also critical bug fixes in this update:
- When a skin is not found on the user's machine, SynthMaster crashes instead of loading the default skin.
- On MacOS, SynthMaster doesn't read wave files with upper-case file extension.
- SynthMaster crashes when wave file name is longer than 32 characters.
- SynthMaster might crash when waveforms are selected from a waveform dropdown for a preset that's saved before version 2.7.
- Some factory presets have missing waveforms.
- When number of waveforms is greater then 65535, SynthMaster might crash when selecting a wave from whose index is higher than 65535.
- SynthMaster doesn't play some of the presets (saved before version 2.7) correctly.
- When SynthMaster is rendering offline, program change messages should be processed synchronously.
- BT Silence waveform is not loaded correctly, causing clipping issues for the presets that use it.
- Fixed some layout issues with the Satyatunes skin.
- Wavetable dropdown control calculates number of waveforms in a wavetable incorrectly.
- When the demo period of SynthMaster demo expires, SynthMaster might crash.
- SynthMaster doesn't send plugin version number when sending crash reports.
- When parsing note numbers from file names, the name is modified which might cause errors for multisampled waveforms.
- SynthMaster doesn't parse waveform/wavetable category correctly when they are under nested folders.
- Slope parameter changes in the reverse direction for the drive view control.
- Multisegment envelope generator doesn't sync correctly to tempo when envelope stage lengths are snapped to grid.
- ADSR envelope generator doesn't sync correctly to tempo when envelope stage lengths are snapped to grid.
- Lines are not drawn anti-aliased on Windows.
- SynthMaster saves empty favourite presets file.
- When length of directory names of imported waveforms/wavetables exceed a certain limit, SynthMaster One might crash.
- On MacOS, sub folder names are not parsed correctly because of the directory separator differences between Windows and MacOS.
- Preset author name is incorrectly initialized as 'Demo User'.
- Using mod wheel with modulation target/source/type dropdowns might crash SynthMaster One.
- SynthMaster crashes when image files defined in skin definitions don't exist.
- Number of waveforms/wavetables is limited to 16384.
- When switching presets, SynthMaster might crash.
- Curve view mouse wheel increment is incorrect.
- Mod Matrix Curve view doesn't handle transparent backgrounds.
- Compression view might cause SynthMaster to crash because of uninitialized variables.
- When user saves presets under sub folders of Presets folder, SynthMaster might crash.
- When number of held notes is greater than 64, SynthMaster crashes.
- GUIEditor saves rendered images twice in the skin definition file.
- Browser lists in default skins (Gray, Blue, Orange, Red) are not multi-select.
- GUIEditor generates separate images for each skin resolution, which results in increased setup file size.
- Satyatunes Blue skin looks blurry at resolutions greater than 100%.
- Expansions downloads fail when CDN https/http redirection is used.
- Phaser LFO volume is zero, resulting in no modulation for the Phaser effect.
- When listbox background style is not set, SynthMaster crashes.
- In chord mode, arpeggiator might not work correctly resulting in hanging notes or crashes.
- In chord mode, arpeggiator doesn't play the first note.
- Browser lists on the Satyatunes skin are not sorted.
- Arpeggiator view doesn't display steps in pages in classic up/down/etc modes.
- Multi-line text is not drawn correctly.
- SynthMaster doesn't load archive files which are generated while saving user banks.
- Curve view control doesn't handle transparent colors.
- Compression view control doesn't handle transparent colors.
- 2D Env view control doesn't handle transparent colors.
- LoFi view control doesn't handle transparent colors.
- Keyscaler control doesn't work correctly.
- Keyscaler control isn't displayed correctly when skin size is greater than 100%.
- LFO control doesn't handle transparent colors.
- Multistep LFO step volumes can not be adjusted with the mouse.
- The dual LFO control doesn't list waveforms on the popup menu.
- The dual LFO control doesn't handle transparent colors.
- The dual LFO control doesn't draw waveforms smoothly.
- When waveforms in a folder are dragged on to the wavetable display, the subfolders are not read.
- Frequency display controls don't draw curves smoothly.
Registered SynthMaster users can download this update at:
Demo users of SynthMaster can download this update at:
KVR Audio, Inc.