VSTDev releases Absolute Piano B200
3rd January 2006
VSTDev has released the Absolute Piano B200, a new piano VSTi for Windows that combines "a high quality multi-sampled original sound bank and real time processing to offer a wide range of new piano sounds in a compact and productive interface". It can reproduce a large palette of sounds and timbres from ragtime piano to classical grand pianos.
- B200 uses real time processing to analyze the score and affect the correct hammer noises, pedal noises and all the harmonics generated by the sympathetic resonance. Each note corresponds to up to 5 samples played simultaneously.
- A sound sculpture filter (a 3 band shelving filter specially designed to 'sculpt' the piano at specific key frequencies). You can create a warm or dead, ragtime or classical sound with ease.
- Effects: Reverb, Chorus, Peak Boost and Multi-tap echo.
- Integrated MIDIfile player.
- Background WAV player.
- Filter: low pass, high pass, band pass, and notch, with a constant gain and saturation, resonance and self oscillation, and also the volume envelope.
- Optimized: it takes 160 Mb in memory and 250 Mb on the hard drive.
Absolute Piano B200 costs €89 and a demo version is available.
KVR Audio, Inc.