Audacity v1.3.3 (beta) released
19th May 2007
The Audacity Team have announced the release of beta version 1.3.3 of Audacity, which contains numerous new features and capabilities beyond the 1.3.2 (beta) release. Because it is a work in progress and does not yet come with complete documentation or translations into foreign languages, it is recommended for more advanced users. For all users, Audacity 1.2.6 is a stable release, complete and fully documented. You can have both Audacity 1.2.6 and 1.3.3 installed simultaneously.
Changes in beta version 1.3.3
- Import of audio from QuickTime (mov, aac, m4a) files now supported on OSX.
- Broadcast Wave Format (BWF) wave files can now be imported.
- Metadata can be added to OGG files.
- Improved Export option selection.
- Additional export options added to MP3 and FLAC file formats.
- Command line exporter now supported on Windows and OSX.
- EQ effect:
- Responsiveness improved.
- Several enhancements added.
- Batch support added.
- New Auto Duck effect.
- Added previewing to AudioUnit effects.
- Much improved Noise Removal effect.
- Effects previewing can now be canceled.
- New DTMF Tone Generator effect.
- Additional options available in Noise effect.
- Improved the Tone Generation effects.
- New built-in screen capture utility.
- Major speed improvement in Spectrogram rendering.
- Increased support for drag and drop on OSX.
- Support added for building against wxWidgets 2.8.x.
- Can now open multiple Audacity Projects at once from Explorer on Windows.
- Improved main window sliders.
- New support for snapping while selecting and sliding.
- Improved track focus handling and visual feedback.
- Speed improvements and handling of resizing/zooming in tracks.
- Spectrum view can now be zoomed.
- New internal file cache to improve handling of project files over networks.
- Many improvements to language specific translations.
- Numerous stability improvements.
KVR Audio, Inc.