KarmaFX Synth Modular v1.0 Release Candidate 2 now available
3rd October 2007
KarmaFX Synth Modular v1.0 Release Candidate 2 is now available for download. The final version is expected to be released in the next couple of weeks. This Release Candidate expires in November.
- Amplifier will now skip streams from input modules if amplification is 0 for more than half a second. This can reduce CPU load considerably, especially with polyphonic patches. This also means that patches will consume 0% CPU when not playing and the GUI is closed.
- Tweaked synth engine performance and reduced VST dll sizes for faster loading.
- GUI: Double clicking or Shift-clicking on a wire arrow now allows you to insert a module on this wire.
- GUI: Additive and Pad magnitude editor is now log scaled for easier editing.
- GUI: Renamed all "Component" references to "Module" for consistency with the manual.
- GUI: Optimized/rewrote all waveform and curve drawing routines.
- GUI: Added anti-aliased drawing support. The level of anti-aliasing is determined by the skin.
- GUI: Added even better support for custom skins. Resource files placed in a subfolder inside the Skins folder will now be detected as a "raw" skin.
- GUI: When using raw skins, hitting Ctrl-R will now reload the chosen skin.
- GUI: Made minor edits to the default skin (colors and gfx).
- Bugfix: Pos in Sampler was disabled by accident in v0.99. Fixed.
- Bugfix: Stereo parameter in Pad module was bogus on first output sample. Fixed.
- Bugfix: Sampler's sustain was broken when in stereo or when multiple keys were held in non-polyphonic mode. Fixed.
- Bugfix: Clearing samples in Sampler while playing a polyphonic patch could crash the synth. Fixed.
- Bugfix: Nasty interpolation bug in delay code caused some modules to overflow. Fixed.
- Bugfix: Multiple connections to a bypassed module could return garbage. Fixed.
- Bugfix: Midi control messages like Pitchbend etc. could confuse MidiTrig module. Fixed.
- Bugfix: Portamento was broken in polyphonic mode. Fixed.
- Bugfix: Fixed memory leak when replacing modules.
- Bugfix: Fixed possible crash and memory leak when out of memory while loading samples. [new in RC2]
- Bugfix: Arp could sometimes go out of sync in Pattern module. Fixed. [new in RC2]
- Created a few new patches.
KVR Audio, Inc.