Tone2 releases Gladiator for Mac and updates Windows version to v1.1
7th January 2008
Tone2 has announced that Gladiator for Mac OS X is available now and that the Windows version has been updated to v1.1.
New features, changes and fixes:
- The Mac version of Gladiator is available. It is available as universal binary for Intel Mac and Power PC. It supports audio unit (AU) and VST 2.4.
- Drastically improved time for saving/loading songs in Cubase and other hosts.
- Opening the plugin is 250% faster. When the plugin is started for the first time it creates cache files (.1 .2 .3 .4) within the Gladiator_data directory. These cache files help to improve the performance.
- Drastically reduced the hard disc space for saving songs in Cubase and other hosts (previously 1.5 Mb per instance, now 850 byte).
- Removed a glitch after switching through presets.
- Slightly reduced memory usage.
- LFO1/2 "retrigger off" was renamed to "random phase"
- The word "preprocessing" appears in the HCM windows.
- Improved sound: Very low played oscs have more "treble".
- Improved sound: IQM light is switched to "light" by default. Gladiator sounds less static.
- Fixed a buffer overflow in the "Time Varismooth" modifier.
- The preset format has changed: Hosts save in chunk format now (fxb/fxp). Gladiator presets are now glp/glb files.
KVR Audio, Inc.