Cycling '74 updates Max/MSP to v5.0.4
22nd July 2008
Cycling '74 has updated Max/MSP to v5.0.4
Bug Fixes and New Features:
- jit.fpsgui: improved border drawing.
- itable: only steal the focus of the required keys.
- pattr: efficiency improvements.
- windows: runtime and standalones now show version in about box.
- vexpr: scalarmode is now an attribute.
- mxj: MaxPatcher.getAllBoxes() and MaxPatcher.isBPatcher() Max 5 compatibility.
- pattrstorage: removing a slot properly resizes the list of used slots. Unnamed slots are now called '(unnamed)', instead of '<(unnamed)>'.
- zoom is available in the buffer~ window (press command key).
- Modified Read-Only now has a shortcut.
- print: now properly prints messages to the Max window when they contain the % character.
- File -> Save As is disabled on read-only imported abstractions to help prevent trashing #N args.
- typing a number in quotes in a message box now creates a symbol instead of a number.
- object box no longer can be made with commas or semicolons inside.
- buffer~: sizeinsamps works fine if the buffer~ have been initialized with a length of 0.
- textbutton: blinks when sending bang, or clicking on the textbutton in outputmode 0.
- # argument replacement for attributes of text based object boxes now works (such as for when setting varname to #0_foo).
- fixed problem where metrically timed events were skipped if too many simultaneous events occurred.
- attributes with values containing #N arguments are not frozen when the patcher is opened as a top-level patcher.
- omx.comp~: fixed crashing when signal vector size is >= 512.
- autohelp: fixed crash when closing some of Max's help patchers.
- omx.comp~: internal parameters are now properly initialized when instantiated and no user messages have yet been sent.
- encapsulate: generated inlets and outlets have some overlap protection.
- jit.qt.movie: @unique improvements: single frame movies/images now only output a single frame. @unique improvements: last movie frame no longer outputs multiple frames. @unique improvements: when @rate == 0, single frame movie properly outputs a single frame when loaded.
- Fix for crash continuing debugging after closing the debug window.
- loading patches with json values that have long lists is much faster (such as saving a detonate object with lots of data embedded in the patcher.
- vst~: fixed updating of parameter display window for UI-less plug-ins when programs are changed.
- vst~: fixed crash when closing a patch with an open parameter display window.
- bpatcher now supports up to 256 arguments (which can be used in conjunction with patcherargs).
- pattrmarker: reliability improvements.
- ReWire.dll is now installed with max.
- menubar: append message reimplemented.
- waveform~ now properly displays bpm unit.
- waveform~: buftime message implemented to limit redrawing based on buffer~ changes.
- tabs in text editor show properly as four spaces when text was set from an object (like text object).
- poly~: fixed audio interruption when setting patchername attribute.
- preset: fixed problems saving and recalling presets for table object after reading in files.
- qlist messages that include commas now save and restore correctly.
- timepoint: fixed potential missed triggers when using named transports, tempo changes, and/or autostart metros.
KVR Audio, Inc.