Wusik releases WusikGrooveBox and launches Summer Group Buy
7th August 2008
Wusik has announced the release of WusikGrooveBox, a "Total Groove Solution" based on the same engine as Wusikstation. Wusik has also started a special Summer 2008 Group-Buy where you can get both Wusikstation and WusikGrooveBox for a low price (possibly as low as $59.95).
Features / specification:
- VSTi Synth based on the WusikEngine: 6 single Osc Layers, each layer with its own set of Filters and EQs.
- Extra options for the WusikSND format: Stereo-Pan (for mono sounds) and Choke-groups. This is accessible via the sample-editor and used only by the WusikGrooveBox.
- 8 Sequences on the screen, with a two-page-selector for a total of 16 Sequences.
- Each Sequence has 16 steps on the screen. Each step can be a drum-trigger and note-sequence (each Sequence has an option of Drum or Note steps). A total of 64 steps can be set for each pattern, by using multiple 16-step windows.
- 8 Banks of 8 Patterns for a total of 64 Patterns per instance.
- Song mode, where you put the order of the patterns to be played. With option to Repeat Patterns and Loop the whole Song.
- Option to Sync the Clock External or Internally (with the External Sync ON the sequence will follow the Hosts Transport Time, Position, Start and Stop).
- Each pattern has its own resolution: 1/16 or 1/32.
- Each pattern has its own number of steps. To allow the creation of uneven patterns. Up to 64 Steps.
- Each Step has an option of 8 levels of Velocity (volume). This is optional, you can also use the Accent Part instead. For easier and quicker groove creation.
- A 9th Sequence on the screen, that holds the ACCENT sequence. This is OPTIONAL, as you can also set the volume of each Step manually. Or you can use this global ACCENT (volume) setting that will affect all sequences.
- Each Step has a SHIFT option, so you can add early/late steps directly without having to change the resolution (internally all steps are based on a 1/128 resolution).
- Each Step has FLAM option.
- Each Step has a Slide and Note-Off option, for complex Bass/Synth lines.
- Global Swing option.
- You can control the steps by using the Mouse, PC or MIDI keyboard.
- You can trigger patterns remotely by using the MIDI keyboard. With 3 modes: Off, Instant and Delayed.
- Global BPM Tempo or Per-Pattern Tempos. So you can do tempo changes on a Song.
Pricing & Availability
Available for Windows as a VST instrument plug-in, WusikGrooveBox is free for users with a Wusik Membership; non-members can purchase it for $49.95. It comes with the "Drumillenium" set of sounds; more sets will be released soon and these will be free (for users who purchase it or have a Wusik Membership).
Wusikstation V5 users can cross-grade for $29.95 and receive a special Wusikstation V5 GBox version that has WusikGrooveBox integrated.
KVR Audio, Inc.