8Dio has announced that they will be releasing Adagio Cellos in the coming weeks, a new library for Kontakt (4.2+) produced by Troels Folmann and Colin O'Malley. 8Dio says that the Adagio String Series "marks the most expressive collection of deep-sampled emotional strings ever created and allows you to create completely realistic string sequences with true emotion, movement and passion".
Adagio Cellos contains three main ensemble sizes:
- Full Ensemble Cellos (6).
- Chamber/Divisi Cellos (3).
- Solo Cello (1).
The three cello groups were all deep-sampled and recorded in a beautiful church environment with three different microphone positions (close, far, mixed). 8Dio employed all current generation sampling techniques (e.g. true legato, deep sampled repetitions, etc). Next-generation techniques (e.g. legato with round robin and ability to connect legato to dynamic bowings and loure, etc.) were developed to capture a higher level of emotion and humanity in the performances. The end-result is what 8Dio says is "the most expressive orchestral software instrument ever created with several advanced and novel features, yet incredibly simple to use and highly playable".
Adagio Cello Vol. 1 specs:
- Next-Generation Orchestral Cellos.
- 10 Uniquely Recorded Legato Types.
- True Ensemble (6). True Divisi (3). True Solo Cello (1).
- Legato with Round Robin (aka repetition).
- Legato connected with Loure (note reps) and Dynamic Bowings.
- Sampled in Rich Church Location.
- 3 Mic Positions: Far, Combo, Mixed (5.1 compatible).
- Requires Full Retail Version of Kontakt 4.2 and/or Kontakt 5.
- Size: +20GB (lossless compression from 50GB).
Pre-Order Price: $399 (goes $499 upon release). Release date is planned for mid to late November, 2012.
Check out www.8dio.com for more information, demos, videos and offers.