8Dio has released Post-Apocalyptic Guitar - a sample library dedicated to the rhythmic timbre and textures of post-rock bands like Mogwai, Sigur Ros, Explosions in the Sky, Cul De Sac and others.
The Post-Apocalyptic Guitar library contains two core type of patches divided into a Yin and Yang category. The Yin category is softer, lighter, more airy and heavenly - whereas the Yang category is harder, darker, more distorted and punchy. All the patches are tempo-synced and can be blended in an infinite amount of ways.
8Dio's Post-Apocalyptic Guitar is programmed in a similar fashion to their Rhythmic Aura, Hybrid Tools, Progressive Metal and others. This means you have a variety of controls straight on your keyboard. You can control the pitch on your lower keys, triggered the layered phrases on the low-mid part of your keyboard, trigger live FX (ex. distortion, flanger, phaser, filters, delays etc) on top part of keyboard and even control the speed of the phrase on keyswitches. In addition you can control filter and bit-resolution on modwheel and pitchbender - and everything is 100% tempo-synchronized to your sequencer. Post-Apocalyptic Guitar is a quick way of getting those beautiful, lonely, layered guitarscapes in your compositions or simply create brand new compositions from the scratch.
8Dio Post-Apocalyptic Guitar specs:
- Emotional Post-Rock Guitar.
- Tempo-synced and layered rhythmic guitarscapes.
- Yin (soft) layered phrases.
- Yang (harder) layered phrases.
- Instant Keyboard Control over pitch, bit-resolution and filter.
- Instant Keyboard Control over 12 dif. types of FX (ex. verb, delay, dist).
- Host tempo-synchronization and additional tempo manipulation tools.
- Individually Programmed for Kontakt 4 and Kontakt 5.
- Size: 1GB (lossless compression from 2.2GB).
Post-Apocalyptic Guitar will be released on June 4th, 2012, with a special introductory price of $99 (which goes up to $129 on 11th of June, 2012). It requires the Full Retail Version of Kontakt 4.2 and/or Kontakt 5.
Check out www.8dio.com for more information, demos, videos and offers.