Applied Acoustics Systems has released new versions of Lounge Lizard EP-3, Ultra Analog VA-1, String Studio VS-1, Lounge Lizard Session and Ultra Analog Session as part of a Windows and Mac OS X "Technology Update" which brings support for the new Intel-based Mac systems, includes brand new Pro Tools RTAS plug-ins for both Windows and Mac OS X, a handful of new features and several bug fixes.
Included in the Technology Update:
- Intel-based Mac systems support—Universal Binary.
- New RTAS plug-ins for both Windows and Mac OS X.
- New total recall of 128-program bank in any host sequencer.
- Full MIDI Program Change support.
- MIDI Pitch Bend and Channel Pressure (mono aftertouch) messages support in MIDI Links.
- Redesigned Edit MIDI Links dialog.
- Omni MIDI channel.
- New restore factory preset library command.
- New Chord mode in arpeggiator (Ultra Analog VA-1, String Studio VS-1).
- Improved Latch mode in arpeggiator (Ultra Analog VA-1, String Studio VS-1).
- Bug fixes (see below).
The Technology Update for each product is available now from the AAS Online Store for $29. Modeling Collection users can update all their Professional Series instruments for $49 (includes the upcoming Tassman 4 Technology Update).
Users who made their purchase and registered their instrument after September 1st of 2006, fall in the grace period and can obtain their update free of charge.
Tassman 4 Technology Update: The Technology Update for Tassman 4 with Intel-based Mac systems support (Universal Binary), RTAS plug-ins for both Windows and Mac OS X, and additional enhancements will be available later in 2007.
Lounge Lizard EP-3:
- Fixed volume build-up on repeated notes when sustain pedal was depressed.
- Removed damper noise when sustain pedal was depressed.
- Fixed Audio Unit plug-in crash in Live.
Ultra Analog VA-1 and String Studio VS-1:
- Fixed dropped notes on certain situation.
- Fixed arpeggiator range.
- Fixed arpeggiator synchronisation.
All plug-ins include the following changes:
- Fixed Digital Performer crash.
- Fixed occasional Audio Unit validation failure in Logic Pro.