7th January 2014
Abeem Live Technologies has released version 1.0 of Rack Performer, their pro-audio software for Windows for live performance, sound design and real-time audio processing.
Rack Performer is designed to be a high-level modular environment hosting VST plugins and internal modules (over 100 and counting), with MIDI support, multi-channel audio I/O and internal processing, complete automatic patch-delay compensation, sample accurate sequencing, low jitter and latency.
As a platform dedicated to stage performance, Rack Performer is intended to help the live musician from the rehearsal to the concert.
- In Patch mode, load and connect any number of effects and instruments.
- Create patches easily and smoothly in a fast OpenGL-rendered patcher.
- A large choice of built-in modules is available, with various mixing and processing effects, filters and many more.
- VST plugins are fully supported, including MIDI sequencers and MIDI effects.
- All connection schemes are possible, like multi-channel and side-chain routings.
- Most internal modules support multi-channel streams (up to 7:1) on their inputs and outputs.
- In Edit mode the application interface is full-screen without scrolling or overlapping windows.
- Dispatch all module interfaces on up to 8 virtual screens, each holding its own rack of modules.
- Select GUI wrappers to build custom control surfaces to focus only on important parameters.
- Modules have their own presets bank where their state and configuration can be stored and recalled at will.
- Quick MIDI controller mapping supports advanced types like 14bit CC and NRPN, along with mapping curves.
- Easily create keyboard splits, layers and merges or transpose notes on the fly by using the provided MIDI effects.
- Incoming MIDI events can be filtered by type at three levels: per MIDI input device, per input channel or per module.
- High-precision sample-accurate engine allows for low jitter and ultra tight control and synchronization.
- Events sequencing, automation and processing is completely sample-accurate from end to end. All nuances of the performance are more faithfully conveyed, recorded and reproduced.
- Full sample accuracy also permits to have a complete patch delay compensation (PDC) that is not merely limited to delaying audio signals as all controls events are properly aligned.
- Scene Snapshots are an original way to save and recall any instant of the performance in a flash.
- Allocate dedicated audio output channels for audio monitoring, ideal to cue sounds on headphones before playing them.
- Complete multi-channel real-time audio recording support. The recorder can stream to disk any number of channels from any point(s) in the patch.
- Transport bar with auto-hide and a very slim design keeps all synchronization and master clock controls always accessible.
- Use the Live Sync and Full Slave synchronisation modes to lock to external master clocks, using any standard protocol.
- Synchronize to any source exactly like a DJ would do, with the manual sync controls, including Tap Tempo, Sync-to-Push and tempo skew.
- High-level modular host.
- Over 100 internal modules.
- VST plugins support.
- Scene Snapshots.
- Virtual Screens.
- Low jitter sample-accurate sequencing engine.
- Multichannel audio processing.
- Multichannel HD recording.
- Dedicated audio monitoring.
- Audio: up to to 32 inputs and up to 32 outputs, full-duplex.
- MIDI: up to 128 inputs and up to 128 outputs + routing.
- MIDI Clock / MTC / MMC / MSC external sync.
Price: €139 for a single user license.