19th July 2013
Ableton has updated Live 9 to version 9.0.5.
Improvements and feature changes:
- Added control surface support for M-Audio Axiom Air 25, 49 and 61 keyboards.
- Added new default presets for Analog, Electric, Operator, Simpler, Sampler, Tension, Auto Filter, EQ Eight and Saturator for improved compatibility with control surfaces.
- The menu item 'View -> Detail -> Track' was renamed to 'View -> Detail -> Device'.
- Updated lessons and info texts.
- The Ableton Index process could block the GUI after launching Live.
- Fixed a bug which could decrease Live's GUI performance in sets containing a very large amount of devices.
- The Arpeggiator device could play too many notes under certain conditions.
- MIDI velocity fades would not work in an Instrument- or MIDI Effect Rack's key zone editor.
- Chains assigned to certain velocity ranges in an Instrument Rack's Velocity Zone Editor would not be triggered under certain conditions.
- Using the TAB key while renaming a track would not jump to the next track name if certain control surface scripts were enabled in the MIDI / SYNC preferences.
- The Launchpad could sometimes show artifacts of the Mixer mode in User Mode II after switching between the two modes.
- Status updates that are sent back to a MIDI controller from a control surface script could interfere with status updates from manual MIDI mappings.
- Live could crash when moving VST or AU plug-ins to a different track while the plug-in's GUI was open.
- Live could crash when closing a Live set that contains AU plug-in devices with Program Change automation.
- Live could crash when using 'undo' and 'redo' actions on non-configured plug-in parameters.
- Live could crash under certain conditions when re-enabling the audio engine if the currently loaded Live set contains VST or AU plug-ins.
- Live could crash when changing the warp mode of multiple clips at once, if one of the clips contains a .rex file.
- Live could crash when loading a Live set containing a Convolution Reverb device.
- Live could crash under certain conditions when moving an automation segment.
- Triggering an Audio-to-MIDI conversion from the browser could corrupt the Live set, if the target track was created inside a group track.
- Live could crash under certain conditions after saving a Max for Live device in the Max editor.
- Improved the text of the error message which is shown after a certain type of crash on Windows systems ("HandleStageOne" class).
- Under certain conditions, Live would show an error message after updating to a new version: "Can't access file database: database error, prepare statement: No such table: sqlite_stat1".
- The Windows installer would sometimes not install the "Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable" package correctly, which could result in a "Side-by-Side Configuration Error" when trying to launch Live.
- The links to the accompanying Demo Sets in the "What's new in Live 9" Lesson would not open the correct demo set for feature-limited versions.
Changes for Push:
- It's now possible to browse user folders that were added to 'Places' in Live's Browser. Note that empty folders are hidden on Push.
- When 'Clip Workflow' mode is selected, the 'Duplicate' button now only affects the currently selected clip and not the entire scene. Shift + 'Duplicate' will Capture and Insert a scene.
- The Scene Launch Buttons would be lit even if no scene exists.
- Pressing the 'Select' button and a Scene Launch Button would fire the scene instead of just selecting it.
- When using 'Undo' after duplicating a scene, the LEDs of the previously duplicated clips would remain lit.
- Navigating Drum Rack banks using Shift + Octave Up / Down would not work correctly.
- Holding a Track Select button to unfold a group track would not work anymore.
- Under certain conditions, audio clip recording would suddenly stop when enabling the "Fixed Length" function on Push.
- Live could crash after hot-swapping a Drum Rack, if Push and another control surface script was activated in Live's MIDI/SYNC preferences.
- Live could freeze while working on a Drum Rack if the Push control surface script was selected twice in the MIDI / SYNC preference pane (1x with the "Live" port and 1x with the "User" port).
10 Apr 2014 Ableton updates Live 9 to v9.1.2
04 Feb 2014 Ableton updates Live 8 to v8.4.2
23 Jan 2014 Ableton updates Live 9 to v9.1.1
20 Nov 2013 Ableton releases Live 9.1 (Push updated too)
19 Nov 2013 Save 20% on all Ableton software
17 Sep 2013 Ableton announces Public Beta for Live 9.1
10 Sep 2013 Ableton updates Live 9 to v9.0.6
19 Jul 2013 Ableton updates Live 9 to v9.0.5
09 May 2013 Ableton updates Live 9 to v9.0.4
17 Apr 2013 Ableton updates Live 8 to v8.4.1
09 Apr 2013 Ableton updates Live to v9.0.2 (+9.0.3 beta)
06 Mar 2013 Ableton releases Push - Hardware Live Controller
06 Mar 2013 Ableton releases Live 9
02 Jul 2012 Ableton updates Live 8 to v8.3.2
06 Mar 2014 Novation announces Launchpad S Control Pack
17 Feb 2014 e-instruments releases Studio Bass for Live 9
10 Feb 2014 NAMM 2014 Report - Optimism in Anaheim
20 Dec 2013 Standard Beat Co. 50% Off Holiday Sale