Ableton updates Live 9 to v9.0.5
19th July 2013
19th July 2013
Ableton has updated Live 9 to version 9.0.5.
Improvements and feature changes:
- Added control surface support for M-Audio Axiom Air 25, 49 and 61 keyboards.
- Added new default presets for Analog, Electric, Operator, Simpler, Sampler, Tension, Auto Filter, EQ Eight and Saturator for improved compatibility with control surfaces.
- The menu item 'View -> Detail -> Track' was renamed to 'View -> Detail -> Device'.
- Updated lessons and info texts.
- The Ableton Index process could block the GUI after launching Live.
- Fixed a bug which could decrease Live's GUI performance in sets containing a very large amount of devices.
- The Arpeggiator device could play too many notes under certain conditions.
- MIDI velocity fades would not work in an Instrument- or MIDI Effect Rack's key zone editor.
- Chains assigned to certain velocity ranges in an Instrument Rack's Velocity Zone Editor would not be triggered under certain conditions.
- Using the TAB key while renaming a track would not jump to the next track name if certain control surface scripts were enabled in the MIDI / SYNC preferences.
- The Launchpad could sometimes show artifacts of the Mixer mode in User Mode II after switching between the two modes.
- Status updates that are sent back to a MIDI controller from a control surface script could interfere with status updates from manual MIDI mappings.
- Live could crash when moving VST or AU plug-ins to a different track while the plug-in's GUI was open.
- Live could crash when closing a Live set that contains AU plug-in devices with Program Change automation.
- Live could crash when using 'undo' and 'redo' actions on non-configured plug-in parameters.
- Live could crash under certain conditions when re-enabling the audio engine if the currently loaded Live set contains VST or AU plug-ins.
- Live could crash when changing the warp mode of multiple clips at once, if one of the clips contains a .rex file.
- Live could crash when loading a Live set containing a Convolution Reverb device.
- Live could crash under certain conditions when moving an automation segment.
- Triggering an Audio-to-MIDI conversion from the browser could corrupt the Live set, if the target track was created inside a group track.
- Live could crash under certain conditions after saving a Max for Live device in the Max editor.
- Improved the text of the error message which is shown after a certain type of crash on Windows systems ("HandleStageOne" class).
- Under certain conditions, Live would show an error message after updating to a new version: "Can't access file database: database error, prepare statement: No such table: sqlite_stat1".
- The Windows installer would sometimes not install the "Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable" package correctly, which could result in a "Side-by-Side Configuration Error" when trying to launch Live.
- The links to the accompanying Demo Sets in the "What's new in Live 9" Lesson would not open the correct demo set for feature-limited versions.
Changes for Push:
- It's now possible to browse user folders that were added to 'Places' in Live's Browser. Note that empty folders are hidden on Push.
- When 'Clip Workflow' mode is selected, the 'Duplicate' button now only affects the currently selected clip and not the entire scene. Shift + 'Duplicate' will Capture and Insert a scene.
- The Scene Launch Buttons would be lit even if no scene exists.
- Pressing the 'Select' button and a Scene Launch Button would fire the scene instead of just selecting it.
- When using 'Undo' after duplicating a scene, the LEDs of the previously duplicated clips would remain lit.
- Navigating Drum Rack banks using Shift + Octave Up / Down would not work correctly.
- Holding a Track Select button to unfold a group track would not work anymore.
- Under certain conditions, audio clip recording would suddenly stop when enabling the "Fixed Length" function on Push.
- Live could crash after hot-swapping a Drum Rack, if Push and another control surface script was activated in Live's MIDI/SYNC preferences.
- Live could freeze while working on a Drum Rack if the Push control surface script was selected twice in the MIDI / SYNC preference pane (1x with the "Live" port and 1x with the "User" port).
Other Related News
25 Feb 2015 Ableton releases Live 9.2 as public beta22 Jan 2015 Ableton updates Live 9 to v9.1.727 Nov 2014 #KVRDeal Expired Ableton offers 20% off Push and Live 9 (and 20% savings on Live 9 upgrades, Packs, and Push bundles)25 Sep 2014 Ableton updates Live 9 to v9.1.525 Jul 2014 Ableton updates Live 9 to v9.1.407 Jul 2014 Ableton updates Live 9 to v9.1.310 Apr 2014 Ableton updates Live 9 to v9.1.214 Feb 2014 Ableton releases Dark Synth by Amazing Noises for Live04 Feb 2014 Ableton updates Live 8 to v8.4.223 Jan 2014 Ableton updates Live 9 to v9.1.120 Nov 2013 Ableton releases Live 9.1 (Push updated too)19 Nov 2013 #KVRDeal Expired Save 20% on all Ableton software17 Sep 2013 Ableton announces Public Beta for Live 9.110 Sep 2013 Ableton updates Live 9 to v9.0.619 Jul 2013 Ableton updates Live 9 to v9.0.509 May 2013 Ableton updates Live 9 to v9.0.417 Apr 2013 Ableton updates Live 8 to v8.4.109 Apr 2013 Ableton updates Live to v9.0.2 (+9.0.3 beta)06 Mar 2013 Ableton releases Push - Hardware Live Controller
07 Apr 2013 Gerhard Behles - PUSHing Ableton into new territory02 Mar 2015 Detunized releases “Schunda Cimbalom Budapest” Live Pack & Universal Format Library01 Mar 2015 What Happened On KVR Last Week? (W/E Mar 1)27 Feb 2015 Groove Monkee Releases Retro Funk MIDI Drum Loops20 Feb 2015 Sample Magic releases 'Berlin Techno Tracks' and 'Ableton Analogue Drum Racks' sample packs13 Feb 2015 Abletunes release "Grand Piano Racks" Ableton Live Pack09 Feb 2015 Cluster Sound releases CS15D for Ableton Live08 Feb 2015 ModeAudio releases 'Reflect - Ambient Loops'21 Jan 2015 Critical Vibrations releases "Circuit Bent Collection" Ableton Live Pack with Intro Discount16 Jan 2015 Cluster Sound releases DWave multi-sample Live Pack27 Dec 2014 Critical Vibrations Releases Free "Home PlaneT" Electric Piano for Ableton Live22 Dec 2014 Abletunes releases free Operator Racks for Ableton Live17 Dec 2014 The Loop Loft releases "Dry Drums Vol 1" - Ableton Live Pack16 Dec 2014 Uppercussion releases Digicussion 3 and Digicussion Bundle for multiple formats, and new Kontakt Instruments25 Nov 2014 K-Devices updates AutoBeat and Herse Max For Live devices - Both currently -20% at Ableton24 Nov 2014 #KVRDeal Expired ModeAudio Deal Of The Month: 20% Off 'Analogue Experiments - Synth Loops & Textures'20 Nov 2014 123creative.com releases "Psytrance Samples - 128 Psy Loops"20 Nov 2014 Puremagnetik releases Analog Automata12 Nov 2014 Sample Tools release Bass Music 2 sample pack02 Nov 2014 J74 updates "Progressive" Max for Live device to v2.128 Oct 2014 123creative.com releases "Melodic Psytrance Loops Vol.1"