Ableton updates Live 9 to v9.0.5
19th July 2013
19th July 2013
Ableton has updated Live 9 to version 9.0.5.
Improvements and feature changes:
- Added control surface support for M-Audio Axiom Air 25, 49 and 61 keyboards.
- Added new default presets for Analog, Electric, Operator, Simpler, Sampler, Tension, Auto Filter, EQ Eight and Saturator for improved compatibility with control surfaces.
- The menu item 'View -> Detail -> Track' was renamed to 'View -> Detail -> Device'.
- Updated lessons and info texts.
- The Ableton Index process could block the GUI after launching Live.
- Fixed a bug which could decrease Live's GUI performance in sets containing a very large amount of devices.
- The Arpeggiator device could play too many notes under certain conditions.
- MIDI velocity fades would not work in an Instrument- or MIDI Effect Rack's key zone editor.
- Chains assigned to certain velocity ranges in an Instrument Rack's Velocity Zone Editor would not be triggered under certain conditions.
- Using the TAB key while renaming a track would not jump to the next track name if certain control surface scripts were enabled in the MIDI / SYNC preferences.
- The Launchpad could sometimes show artifacts of the Mixer mode in User Mode II after switching between the two modes.
- Status updates that are sent back to a MIDI controller from a control surface script could interfere with status updates from manual MIDI mappings.
- Live could crash when moving VST or AU plug-ins to a different track while the plug-in's GUI was open.
- Live could crash when closing a Live set that contains AU plug-in devices with Program Change automation.
- Live could crash when using 'undo' and 'redo' actions on non-configured plug-in parameters.
- Live could crash under certain conditions when re-enabling the audio engine if the currently loaded Live set contains VST or AU plug-ins.
- Live could crash when changing the warp mode of multiple clips at once, if one of the clips contains a .rex file.
- Live could crash when loading a Live set containing a Convolution Reverb device.
- Live could crash under certain conditions when moving an automation segment.
- Triggering an Audio-to-MIDI conversion from the browser could corrupt the Live set, if the target track was created inside a group track.
- Live could crash under certain conditions after saving a Max for Live device in the Max editor.
- Improved the text of the error message which is shown after a certain type of crash on Windows systems ("HandleStageOne" class).
- Under certain conditions, Live would show an error message after updating to a new version: "Can't access file database: database error, prepare statement: No such table: sqlite_stat1".
- The Windows installer would sometimes not install the "Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable" package correctly, which could result in a "Side-by-Side Configuration Error" when trying to launch Live.
- The links to the accompanying Demo Sets in the "What's new in Live 9" Lesson would not open the correct demo set for feature-limited versions.
Changes for Push:
- It's now possible to browse user folders that were added to 'Places' in Live's Browser. Note that empty folders are hidden on Push.
- When 'Clip Workflow' mode is selected, the 'Duplicate' button now only affects the currently selected clip and not the entire scene. Shift + 'Duplicate' will Capture and Insert a scene.
- The Scene Launch Buttons would be lit even if no scene exists.
- Pressing the 'Select' button and a Scene Launch Button would fire the scene instead of just selecting it.
- When using 'Undo' after duplicating a scene, the LEDs of the previously duplicated clips would remain lit.
- Navigating Drum Rack banks using Shift + Octave Up / Down would not work correctly.
- Holding a Track Select button to unfold a group track would not work anymore.
- Under certain conditions, audio clip recording would suddenly stop when enabling the "Fixed Length" function on Push.
- Live could crash after hot-swapping a Drum Rack, if Push and another control surface script was activated in Live's MIDI/SYNC preferences.
- Live could freeze while working on a Drum Rack if the Push control surface script was selected twice in the MIDI / SYNC preference pane (1x with the "Live" port and 1x with the "User" port).
Other Related News
25 Jul 2014 Ableton updates Live 9 to v9.1.407 Jul 2014 Ableton updates Live 9 to v9.1.310 Apr 2014 Ableton updates Live 9 to v9.1.214 Feb 2014 Ableton releases Dark Synth by Amazing Noises for Live04 Feb 2014 Ableton updates Live 8 to v8.4.223 Jan 2014 Ableton updates Live 9 to v9.1.120 Nov 2013 Ableton releases Live 9.1 (Push updated too)19 Nov 2013 #KVRDeal Expired Save 20% on all Ableton software17 Sep 2013 Ableton announces Public Beta for Live 9.110 Sep 2013 Ableton updates Live 9 to v9.0.619 Jul 2013 Ableton updates Live 9 to v9.0.509 May 2013 Ableton updates Live 9 to v9.0.417 Apr 2013 Ableton updates Live 8 to v8.4.109 Apr 2013 Ableton updates Live to v9.0.2 (+9.0.3 beta)06 Mar 2013 Ableton releases Push - Hardware Live Controller06 Mar 2013 Ableton releases Live 925 Oct 2012 Ableton announces "Live 9" and "Push" (Hardware Controller)13 Sep 2012 Ableton updates Live 8 to v8.3.4 (and 8.4 to beta 7)
07 Apr 2013 Gerhard Behles - PUSHing Ableton into new territory25 Oct 2012 Fun and technology at Austin City Limits (ACL)25 Jul 2014 UplandToys releases Midular (Max for Live)24 Jul 2014 J74 updates "Progressive" Max for Live device to v2.0 - adds new techniques for chord progression editing and for musical analysis18 Jul 2014 Sample Logic releases Rhythomatix for Ableton Live17 Jul 2014 Novation announces Launch Control XL15 Jul 2014 Twolegs Toneworks releases "Late Night Deep House Chords Vol. 1-3" Bundle for Ableton Live14 Jul 2014 AMZNoises releases Pulsor, the Strange Synth, for Max for Live09 Jul 2014 Puremagnetik releases Kardoni - ARP Omni Soundset for Ableton Live, Kontakt and Logic17 Jun 2014 Twisted Tools releases DARKMORPH - sci-fi sample library focused on cinematic sound design and dark groove production (for Kontakt, Reaktor, EXS, Live and more)13 May 2014 Puremagnetik releases Hyperbent - Circuit Bending Library for Ableton Live, Kontakt & Logic12 May 2014 Sample Magic releases "Magic Racks: Mix Essentials" for Ableton Live24 Apr 2014 #KVRDeal Expired Wobblophones Tunelle Intro Offer: 15% Off22 Apr 2014 Drumdrops releases "A Fistful of Drumkits" for Ableton Live (Drum Rack)02 Apr 2014 Wobblophones releases Tunelle for Kontakt and Live with intro offer26 Mar 2014 J74 releases StepLocker - a Max for Live sequencing and modulation device based on the concept of parameter locking13 Mar 2014 Uppercussion releases "Vocalisms" - vocal drum kits for Ableton Live, Maschine, Geist, Battery, and more12 Mar 2014 J74 updates "StepSequencer64 Groove Box" M4L Sequencing Suite to v1.3 adding in-key sequencing mode11 Mar 2014 Akai Pro announces APC40 MKII, APC Key 25 & APC MINI - Ableton Live Controllers11 Mar 2014 K-Devices releases Herse - M4L Slicer and Step Sequencer Based Multi Effect10 Mar 2014 #KVRDeal Expired K-Devices Drumk 2 M4L Sample Manipulator Offer: 33% Off07 Mar 2014 Puremagnetik Releases Two Free Ableton Live Packs Inspired by John Cage