Ableton updates Live 9 to v9.1.1
23rd January 2014
23rd January 2014
Ableton has updated Live 9 to v9.1.1.
Improvements and feature changes:
- Live will now automatically repair its database in case it gets corrupt, e.g. due to a fatal write error or a sudden power outage during a database transaction, etc.
- Live would always record the last received CC value into a MIDI clip, even if it was received before the actual recording was started. Live now ignores the last value and only records MIDI CC data that are received during the actual clip recording.
- Live would allow to trigger changes from notifications via the Python API. This could lead to problems with Live's Undo history or even to crashes and is no longer allowed. Note that this change might affect compatibility with 3rd party control surface scripts, i.e. scripts that are not natively supported by Ableton. Please contact the manufacturer of the script in case you encounter any problems.
- Live would cut off all currently playing notes on a MIDI clip when engaging overdub recording in the Arrangement View.
- When recording clips on multiple tracks in Session View by triggering a whole scene, clip recording would sometimes be aborted too early in some slots.
- Under certain conditions, the playback of a Session clip would stop when scrubbing outside of the clip's loop boundaries.
- Live would freeze when setting the loop length of an unlinked clip envelope to the minimum value.
- Live's MIDI map mode could crash when sending MIDI messages while another chooser or context menu was open.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when creating audio feedback routings with drum rack sends, for example when routing a return chain to itself.
- Live could crash under certain conditions when flattening clips containing automation envelopes.
- Live could crash after using 'Capture and Insert Scene' on the last available Session scene and then undoing that action.
- Live could crash under certain conditions when using Japanese text input methods on Mac OS X.
- Max for Live devices could be out of sync when exporting audio with multiprocessor support enabled.
- When loading a Live set with a MIDI clip that contains modulation for Max for Live parameters of the "live.dial" type, the modulation values would sometimes not be restored correctly.
Changes for Push:
- Push's display now indicates if you're editing a clip that is not the currently playing clip. It also allows to quickly move the focus back to the playing clip by pressing the up/down arrow buttons.
- Push's display now indicates if a selected track is frozen and cannot be modified.
- Deleting automation for device on/off switches or track activator buttons would not work from Push.
- Push's auto-arm function would not work with certain track routing settings.
- The playhead could behave erratically or completely disappear when enabling the loop in Live's Arrangement View and setting it to an odd loop length.
- Push could freeze when browsing user folders, in case a path name contained certain special characters.
- Grabbing individual buttons of Push's button matrix from Max for Live would not work anymore.
- Fixed a rounding problem that could sometimes occur with the bar graph that shows up on the display when tweaking an encoder.
Other Related News
25 Feb 2015 Ableton releases Live 9.2 as public beta22 Jan 2015 Ableton updates Live 9 to v9.1.727 Nov 2014 #KVRDeal Expired Ableton offers 20% off Push and Live 9 (and 20% savings on Live 9 upgrades, Packs, and Push bundles)25 Sep 2014 Ableton updates Live 9 to v9.1.525 Jul 2014 Ableton updates Live 9 to v9.1.407 Jul 2014 Ableton updates Live 9 to v9.1.310 Apr 2014 Ableton updates Live 9 to v9.1.214 Feb 2014 Ableton releases Dark Synth by Amazing Noises for Live04 Feb 2014 Ableton updates Live 8 to v8.4.223 Jan 2014 Ableton updates Live 9 to v9.1.120 Nov 2013 Ableton releases Live 9.1 (Push updated too)19 Nov 2013 #KVRDeal Expired Save 20% on all Ableton software17 Sep 2013 Ableton announces Public Beta for Live 9.110 Sep 2013 Ableton updates Live 9 to v9.0.619 Jul 2013 Ableton updates Live 9 to v9.0.509 May 2013 Ableton updates Live 9 to v9.0.417 Apr 2013 Ableton updates Live 8 to v8.4.109 Apr 2013 Ableton updates Live to v9.0.2 (+9.0.3 beta)06 Mar 2013 Ableton releases Push - Hardware Live Controller
07 Apr 2013 Gerhard Behles - PUSHing Ableton into new territory02 Mar 2015 Detunized releases “Schunda Cimbalom Budapest” Live Pack & Universal Format Library01 Mar 2015 What Happened On KVR Last Week? (W/E Mar 1)27 Feb 2015 Groove Monkee Releases Retro Funk MIDI Drum Loops20 Feb 2015 Sample Magic releases 'Berlin Techno Tracks' and 'Ableton Analogue Drum Racks' sample packs13 Feb 2015 Abletunes release "Grand Piano Racks" Ableton Live Pack09 Feb 2015 Cluster Sound releases CS15D for Ableton Live08 Feb 2015 ModeAudio releases 'Reflect - Ambient Loops'21 Jan 2015 Critical Vibrations releases "Circuit Bent Collection" Ableton Live Pack with Intro Discount16 Jan 2015 Cluster Sound releases DWave multi-sample Live Pack27 Dec 2014 Critical Vibrations Releases Free "Home PlaneT" Electric Piano for Ableton Live22 Dec 2014 Abletunes releases free Operator Racks for Ableton Live17 Dec 2014 The Loop Loft releases "Dry Drums Vol 1" - Ableton Live Pack16 Dec 2014 Uppercussion releases Digicussion 3 and Digicussion Bundle for multiple formats, and new Kontakt Instruments25 Nov 2014 K-Devices updates AutoBeat and Herse Max For Live devices - Both currently -20% at Ableton24 Nov 2014 #KVRDeal Expired ModeAudio Deal Of The Month: 20% Off 'Analogue Experiments - Synth Loops & Textures'20 Nov 2014 123creative.com releases "Psytrance Samples - 128 Psy Loops"20 Nov 2014 Puremagnetik releases Analog Automata12 Nov 2014 Sample Tools release Bass Music 2 sample pack02 Nov 2014 J74 updates "Progressive" Max for Live device to v2.128 Oct 2014 123creative.com releases "Melodic Psytrance Loops Vol.1"