Ableton updates Live 9 to v9.1.1
23rd January 2014
23rd January 2014
Ableton has updated Live 9 to v9.1.1.
Improvements and feature changes:
- Live will now automatically repair its database in case it gets corrupt, e.g. due to a fatal write error or a sudden power outage during a database transaction, etc.
- Live would always record the last received CC value into a MIDI clip, even if it was received before the actual recording was started. Live now ignores the last value and only records MIDI CC data that are received during the actual clip recording.
- Live would allow to trigger changes from notifications via the Python API. This could lead to problems with Live's Undo history or even to crashes and is no longer allowed. Note that this change might affect compatibility with 3rd party control surface scripts, i.e. scripts that are not natively supported by Ableton. Please contact the manufacturer of the script in case you encounter any problems.
- Live would cut off all currently playing notes on a MIDI clip when engaging overdub recording in the Arrangement View.
- When recording clips on multiple tracks in Session View by triggering a whole scene, clip recording would sometimes be aborted too early in some slots.
- Under certain conditions, the playback of a Session clip would stop when scrubbing outside of the clip's loop boundaries.
- Live would freeze when setting the loop length of an unlinked clip envelope to the minimum value.
- Live's MIDI map mode could crash when sending MIDI messages while another chooser or context menu was open.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when creating audio feedback routings with drum rack sends, for example when routing a return chain to itself.
- Live could crash under certain conditions when flattening clips containing automation envelopes.
- Live could crash after using 'Capture and Insert Scene' on the last available Session scene and then undoing that action.
- Live could crash under certain conditions when using Japanese text input methods on Mac OS X.
- Max for Live devices could be out of sync when exporting audio with multiprocessor support enabled.
- When loading a Live set with a MIDI clip that contains modulation for Max for Live parameters of the "live.dial" type, the modulation values would sometimes not be restored correctly.
Changes for Push:
- Push's display now indicates if you're editing a clip that is not the currently playing clip. It also allows to quickly move the focus back to the playing clip by pressing the up/down arrow buttons.
- Push's display now indicates if a selected track is frozen and cannot be modified.
- Deleting automation for device on/off switches or track activator buttons would not work from Push.
- Push's auto-arm function would not work with certain track routing settings.
- The playhead could behave erratically or completely disappear when enabling the loop in Live's Arrangement View and setting it to an odd loop length.
- Push could freeze when browsing user folders, in case a path name contained certain special characters.
- Grabbing individual buttons of Push's button matrix from Max for Live would not work anymore.
- Fixed a rounding problem that could sometimes occur with the bar graph that shows up on the display when tweaking an encoder.
Other Related News
25 Jul 2014 Ableton updates Live 9 to v9.1.407 Jul 2014 Ableton updates Live 9 to v9.1.310 Apr 2014 Ableton updates Live 9 to v9.1.214 Feb 2014 Ableton releases Dark Synth by Amazing Noises for Live04 Feb 2014 Ableton updates Live 8 to v8.4.223 Jan 2014 Ableton updates Live 9 to v9.1.120 Nov 2013 Ableton releases Live 9.1 (Push updated too)19 Nov 2013 #KVRDeal Expired Save 20% on all Ableton software17 Sep 2013 Ableton announces Public Beta for Live 9.110 Sep 2013 Ableton updates Live 9 to v9.0.619 Jul 2013 Ableton updates Live 9 to v9.0.509 May 2013 Ableton updates Live 9 to v9.0.417 Apr 2013 Ableton updates Live 8 to v8.4.109 Apr 2013 Ableton updates Live to v9.0.2 (+9.0.3 beta)06 Mar 2013 Ableton releases Push - Hardware Live Controller06 Mar 2013 Ableton releases Live 925 Oct 2012 Ableton announces "Live 9" and "Push" (Hardware Controller)13 Sep 2012 Ableton updates Live 8 to v8.3.4 (and 8.4 to beta 7)
07 Apr 2013 Gerhard Behles - PUSHing Ableton into new territory25 Oct 2012 Fun and technology at Austin City Limits (ACL)19 Sep 2014 Detunized releases Wind Turbines as Live Pack & Broadcast WAV library13 Sep 2014 UplandToys updates Midular to v1.2 - Max for Live MIDI Effects Modules10 Sep 2014 Puremagnetik releases Mark Two Berlin - Electric Piano Soundset for Ableton Live, Kontakt and Logic18 Aug 2014 UplandToys updates Midular to v1.1 - Max for Live MIDI Effects Modules29 Jul 2014 XMonsta releases PULL – iPad Device Editor for Ableton Live and the Lemur App25 Jul 2014 UplandToys releases Midular (Max for Live)24 Jul 2014 J74 updates "Progressive" Max for Live device to v2.0 - adds new techniques for chord progression editing and for musical analysis18 Jul 2014 Sample Logic releases Rhythomatix for Ableton Live17 Jul 2014 Novation announces Launch Control XL15 Jul 2014 Twolegs Toneworks releases "Late Night Deep House Chords Vol. 1-3" Bundle for Ableton Live14 Jul 2014 AMZNoises releases Pulsor, the Strange Synth, for Max for Live09 Jul 2014 Puremagnetik releases Kardoni - ARP Omni Soundset for Ableton Live, Kontakt and Logic17 Jun 2014 Twisted Tools releases DARKMORPH - sci-fi sample library focused on cinematic sound design and dark groove production (for Kontakt, Reaktor, EXS, Live and more)13 May 2014 Puremagnetik releases Hyperbent - Circuit Bending Library for Ableton Live, Kontakt & Logic12 May 2014 Sample Magic releases "Magic Racks: Mix Essentials" for Ableton Live24 Apr 2014 #KVRDeal Expired Wobblophones Tunelle Intro Offer: 15% Off22 Apr 2014 Drumdrops releases "A Fistful of Drumkits" for Ableton Live (Drum Rack)02 Apr 2014 Wobblophones releases Tunelle for Kontakt and Live with intro offer26 Mar 2014 J74 releases StepLocker - a Max for Live sequencing and modulation device based on the concept of parameter locking13 Mar 2014 Uppercussion releases "Vocalisms" - vocal drum kits for Ableton Live, Maschine, Geist, Battery, and more