Ableton updates Live 9 to v9.1.1
23rd January 2014
23rd January 2014
Ableton has updated Live 9 to v9.1.1.
Improvements and feature changes:
- Live will now automatically repair its database in case it gets corrupt, e.g. due to a fatal write error or a sudden power outage during a database transaction, etc.
- Live would always record the last received CC value into a MIDI clip, even if it was received before the actual recording was started. Live now ignores the last value and only records MIDI CC data that are received during the actual clip recording.
- Live would allow to trigger changes from notifications via the Python API. This could lead to problems with Live's Undo history or even to crashes and is no longer allowed. Note that this change might affect compatibility with 3rd party control surface scripts, i.e. scripts that are not natively supported by Ableton. Please contact the manufacturer of the script in case you encounter any problems.
- Live would cut off all currently playing notes on a MIDI clip when engaging overdub recording in the Arrangement View.
- When recording clips on multiple tracks in Session View by triggering a whole scene, clip recording would sometimes be aborted too early in some slots.
- Under certain conditions, the playback of a Session clip would stop when scrubbing outside of the clip's loop boundaries.
- Live would freeze when setting the loop length of an unlinked clip envelope to the minimum value.
- Live's MIDI map mode could crash when sending MIDI messages while another chooser or context menu was open.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when creating audio feedback routings with drum rack sends, for example when routing a return chain to itself.
- Live could crash under certain conditions when flattening clips containing automation envelopes.
- Live could crash after using 'Capture and Insert Scene' on the last available Session scene and then undoing that action.
- Live could crash under certain conditions when using Japanese text input methods on Mac OS X.
- Max for Live devices could be out of sync when exporting audio with multiprocessor support enabled.
- When loading a Live set with a MIDI clip that contains modulation for Max for Live parameters of the "live.dial" type, the modulation values would sometimes not be restored correctly.
Changes for Push:
- Push's display now indicates if you're editing a clip that is not the currently playing clip. It also allows to quickly move the focus back to the playing clip by pressing the up/down arrow buttons.
- Push's display now indicates if a selected track is frozen and cannot be modified.
- Deleting automation for device on/off switches or track activator buttons would not work from Push.
- Push's auto-arm function would not work with certain track routing settings.
- The playhead could behave erratically or completely disappear when enabling the loop in Live's Arrangement View and setting it to an odd loop length.
- Push could freeze when browsing user folders, in case a path name contained certain special characters.
- Grabbing individual buttons of Push's button matrix from Max for Live would not work anymore.
- Fixed a rounding problem that could sometimes occur with the bar graph that shows up on the display when tweaking an encoder.
Other Related News
25 Sep 2014 Ableton updates Live 9 to v9.1.525 Jul 2014 Ableton updates Live 9 to v9.1.407 Jul 2014 Ableton updates Live 9 to v9.1.310 Apr 2014 Ableton updates Live 9 to v9.1.214 Feb 2014 Ableton releases Dark Synth by Amazing Noises for Live04 Feb 2014 Ableton updates Live 8 to v8.4.223 Jan 2014 Ableton updates Live 9 to v9.1.120 Nov 2013 Ableton releases Live 9.1 (Push updated too)19 Nov 2013 #KVRDeal Expired Save 20% on all Ableton software17 Sep 2013 Ableton announces Public Beta for Live 9.110 Sep 2013 Ableton updates Live 9 to v9.0.619 Jul 2013 Ableton updates Live 9 to v9.0.509 May 2013 Ableton updates Live 9 to v9.0.417 Apr 2013 Ableton updates Live 8 to v8.4.109 Apr 2013 Ableton updates Live to v9.0.2 (+9.0.3 beta)06 Mar 2013 Ableton releases Push - Hardware Live Controller06 Mar 2013 Ableton releases Live 925 Oct 2012 Ableton announces "Live 9" and "Push" (Hardware Controller)
07 Apr 2013 Gerhard Behles - PUSHing Ableton into new territory25 Oct 2012 Fun and technology at Austin City Limits (ACL)20 Nov 2014 123creative.com releases "Psytrance Samples - 128 Psy Loops"20 Nov 2014 Puremagnetik releases Analog Automata12 Nov 2014 Sample Tools release Bass Music 2 sample pack02 Nov 2014 J74 updates "Progressive" Max for Live device to v2.128 Oct 2014 123creative.com releases "Melodic Psytrance Loops Vol.1"21 Oct 2014 Heavyocity releases DM-307 for Ableton - Plus Free Pack & Discounts21 Oct 2014 SubBass Academy announces Free Ableton Live Training Open Day with Simone Tanda and Max Wheeler (London, UK)07 Oct 2014 J74 updates StepSequencer64 Groove Box Max For Live sequencing suite to v1.3.125 Sep 2014 XMonsta releases PULL v2.0 - control VST & AU plugins and Max for Live Devices directly from your iPad19 Sep 2014 Detunized releases Wind Turbines as Live Pack & Broadcast WAV library13 Sep 2014 UplandToys updates Midular to v1.2 - Max for Live MIDI Effects Modules10 Sep 2014 Puremagnetik releases Mark Two Berlin - Electric Piano Soundset for Ableton Live, Kontakt and Logic18 Aug 2014 UplandToys updates Midular to v1.1 - Max for Live MIDI Effects Modules29 Jul 2014 XMonsta releases PULL – iPad Device Editor for Ableton Live and the Lemur App25 Jul 2014 UplandToys releases Midular (Max for Live)24 Jul 2014 J74 updates "Progressive" Max for Live device to v2.0 - adds new techniques for chord progression editing and for musical analysis18 Jul 2014 Sample Logic releases Rhythomatix for Ableton Live17 Jul 2014 Novation announces Launch Control XL15 Jul 2014 Twolegs Toneworks releases "Late Night Deep House Chords Vol. 1-3" Bundle for Ableton Live14 Jul 2014 AMZNoises releases Pulsor, the Strange Synth, for Max for Live