15th September 2004
- Previewing While Renaming Files in Browser - When a file was renamed in Live's browser the preview switch was switched off.
- Swing Value Range - Increased the value range for swing.
- ReWire Master - When Live was the ReWire Master, switching to arranger or hiding I/O View caused an incorrect ReWire Slave to be activated.
- ReWire Master to Reason: Loop - When Live was running as ReWire Master for Reason, and the loop was enabled, sometimes Reason would stand still for one loop cycle.
- ReWire Master: Program Changes - When Live was running as ReWire Master, program change messages sent to the ReWire Slave were not correct.
- ReWire Slave: Sample Rate - When running Live as ReWire Slave, only a sample rate of 44100 kHz worked correctly with some hosts.
- Channel Enabling/Disabling for ASIO - Live would freeze when trying to enable/disable channels on multi channel audio interfaces using ASIO.
- Load Documents with Reaktor as AU - Live would crash when loading a document containing Reaktor (as AU).
- Rendering Long Song with Tempo Automation - Under special circumstances Live would crash when a long song with tempo automation was rendered.
- Rendering MIDI Tracks - Rendering MIDI tracks would produce corrupt audio files under some circumstances.
- Rendering MIDI with Plug-in Instruments - Often, the first bar was not completely rendered when a MIDI track containing a plug-in instrument was rendered.
- Recording Files Larger Than 2GB - Live would crash when trying to record files larger than 2 GB. Now, when a recording file approaches the 2GB limit, its track is automatically and silently disarmed.
- Session Overdub Recording with Global Record - When a session clip's loop settings were changed, it would update according to the clip update rate. Now it takes effect immediately.
- Plug-in Instruments: Side Chain - First side chain input bus of instruments with multiple outs did not work.
- Plug-in Instruments in Bypass - Plug-In instruments consumed still processor power when bypassed.
- Plug-in Content - Some plug-ins did not locate content (i.e. Steinberg Plex.)
- Sending of NRPNs - NRPNs were not correctly sent through Live and to plug-ins. With this bug fix the Korg Legacy Collection plug-ins will work in Live.
- Missing Notes with Remote25 (USB) - There were missed notes when using the Novation Remote25 connected via USB.
- Key and MIDI Mapping on Moved Effects/Instruments - When an effect or instrument was moved from one track into another track, all Key and MIDI mappings were lost.
- <Delete> Key in Dialogs - Sometimes the <Delete> key did not work in dialogs.
- Copy-Modifier Key - When using the Copy-modifier key it was necessary to hold it down before the mouse down. Now it can be done also after the mouse down.
- Japanese Characters in File Name - It was not possible to open or save a Live set if the name or the path of the set contained Japanese characters.
- Athlon 64 Compatibility - There were no sound and graphical updates on Athlon 64 machines running on Windows XP with Service Pack 2 with the new "Execution Protection" feature enabled.
- Hyper Threading Compatibility - Audio performance was sometimes worse on computers with Hyper Threading enabled. For now Live switches to one logical CPU.
- Running on Mac OS 10.1.5 - Live would not start on Mac OS 10.1.5
- Automation Chooser for Tracks with MIDI Output - For tracks with a MIDI output, Mixer did not appear in the track automation chooser. Now it shows at least the "Speaker On" entry.
- Dragging Looped Arranger Clips - When dragging the left edge of a looped arranger clip to the left, the offset marker was not folded correctly.
- Mouse Wheel in Popup Windows - Sometimes mouse wheel in popup windows did not work as expected.
- Play Selection - There were clicks in the audio when play selection (Shift + Space) was used.
- Loop with Snap to Grid - When changing the clip loop settings, the loop would snap to the grid even if the grid was off.
09 May 2013 Ableton updates Live 9 to v9.0.4
17 Apr 2013 Ableton updates Live 8 to v8.4.1
09 Apr 2013 Ableton updates Live to v9.0.2 (+9.0.3 beta)
06 Mar 2013 Ableton releases Push - Hardware Live Controller
06 Mar 2013 Ableton releases Live 9
02 Jul 2012 Ableton updates Live 8 to v8.3.2
10 Apr 2012 Ableton updates Live to v8.3
03 Feb 2012 Ableton updates Live to v8.2.8
18 Jan 2012 Ableton updates Live to v8.2.7
23 Aug 2011 Ableton updates Live to v8.2.5
30 Mar 2011 Ableton updates Live to v8.2.2
14 Oct 2010 Ableton updates Live to v8.2.1
27 Sep 2010 Ableton updates Live to v8.2 and introduces Amp
22 May 2013 Samplephonics releases the 909 Rhythm Composer
09 Apr 2013 Novation announces LaunchPad S