14th January 2010
Access Music has announced OS4 for the entire Virus TI series at the NAMM Show 2010 in Anaheim, California. The new update adds new sound design features and will be available free of charge to all Virus TI users.
Stomp Box Effects
OS4 for the entire Virus TI line of synthesizers brings 6 more distortion flavors to the table, modeled on vintage guitar distortion pedals. Every one of these classic pedals is famous for its distinctive character and has been exploited by some of the greatest guitar heroes of all time. The virtual stomp boxes feature carefully modeled distortion curves and tonal characteristics and include tone controls where appropriate.
- Mint Overdrive: The sound of this one just screams tubes - a very special kind of overdrive which results in a wonderful smokey tone. Good for achieving a subtle distortion effect whilst still retaining headroom for dynamics.
- Curry Overdrive: A more extreme distortion - like in the original, this does not feature a Tone control.
- Saffron Overdrive: The 'orange' one. A very harsh distortion, popular with the grunge movement.
- Onion Overdrive: A big distortion effect famous for its fuzzy character.
- Pepper Overdrive: A clear, powerful distortion that's perfect for making leads cut right through the mix. Tone control to soften sound with a lowpass filter.
- Chili Overdrive: A classic "fuzzbox" overdrive. No tone control, just in-your-face fuzz.
To compliment the new vintage distortions, a speaker cabinet simulation was added to the effect section. The new effect type greatly helps to fine tune the frequency response of any sound and to give it more focus in the mix.
Vowel Filter Effect
This effect is a simple and effective way to vocalize any sound similar to the way a talk box or vocoder would do.
Comb Filter Effect
The new comb filter creates everything from subtle, pitched overtones to extreme time-warped deconstruction of any given patch.
Arp To Matrix
OS4 for the Virus TI series introduces a powerful new feature that allows you use the arpeggiator pattern to modulate any of the parameters available to the modulation matrix. You can use this to create dynamic, rhythmical patterns within a sound, similar to what you can achieve with a step sequencer.
OS4 will be available in Q1/2010 to all Virus TI users as a free update.