14th January 2010
Access Music has announced OS4 for the entire Virus TI series at the NAMM Show 2010 in Anaheim, California. The new update adds new sound design features and will be available free of charge to all Virus TI users.
Stomp Box Effects
OS4 for the entire Virus TI line of synthesizers brings 6 more distortion flavors to the table, modeled on vintage guitar distortion pedals. Every one of these classic pedals is famous for its distinctive character and has been exploited by some of the greatest guitar heroes of all time. The virtual stomp boxes feature carefully modeled distortion curves and tonal characteristics and include tone controls where appropriate.
- Mint Overdrive: The sound of this one just screams tubes - a very special kind of overdrive which results in a wonderful smokey tone. Good for achieving a subtle distortion effect whilst still retaining headroom for dynamics.
- Curry Overdrive: A more extreme distortion - like in the original, this does not feature a Tone control.
- Saffron Overdrive: The 'orange' one. A very harsh distortion, popular with the grunge movement.
- Onion Overdrive: A big distortion effect famous for its fuzzy character.
- Pepper Overdrive: A clear, powerful distortion that's perfect for making leads cut right through the mix. Tone control to soften sound with a lowpass filter.
- Chili Overdrive: A classic "fuzzbox" overdrive. No tone control, just in-your-face fuzz.
To compliment the new vintage distortions, a speaker cabinet simulation was added to the effect section. The new effect type greatly helps to fine tune the frequency response of any sound and to give it more focus in the mix.
Vowel Filter Effect
This effect is a simple and effective way to vocalize any sound similar to the way a talk box or vocoder would do.
Comb Filter Effect
The new comb filter creates everything from subtle, pitched overtones to extreme time-warped deconstruction of any given patch.
Arp To Matrix
OS4 for the Virus TI series introduces a powerful new feature that allows you use the arpeggiator pattern to modulate any of the parameters available to the modulation matrix. You can use this to create dynamic, rhythmical patterns within a sound, similar to what you can achieve with a step sequencer.
OS4 will be available in Q1/2010 to all Virus TI users as a free update.
27 Oct 2011 Access Music releases OS 4.5.3 for Virus TI
04 Apr 2011 Access Music releases Virus TIOS 4.5 Public Beta
14 Jan 2011 Access Music unveils Virus TI OS 4.5
12 Jun 2010 Access Music releases Virus TI OS4 v4.0.5.01
25 Feb 2010 Access Music releases Virus TI OS4 Public Beta
14 Jan 2010 Access Music announces OS4 for Virus TI
25 Aug 2009 Access Music releases Virus TI OS v18.104.22.168
13 May 2009 Access Music releases Virus TI OS3
08 Dec 2008 Access Music updates Virus TI Software to v2.7.5
03 Sep 2008 Access Music updates Virus TI OS to v2.7.3
18 Jan 2008 Access Music announces Virus TI Snow
19 Sep 2007 Access Music releases Virus TI OS v2.5.1
17 May 2007 Access updates Virus TI OS to v2.0.5