Access Music has released version 4.0 Public Beta of the Virus TI operating system. The new version adds stomp box distortions, comb and vowel filters as well as a speaker simulation and an extended arpeggiator.
Resolved issues, refinements and new features:
- SE: Six new distortion mode all featuring modeled overdrive stomp boxes from the 70s.
- SE: Speaker Cabinet emulation (an Analog Boost preset).
- SE: Comb Filter in FX section (Frequency Shifters).
- SE: Vowel Filter in FX section (Frequency Shifters).
- SE: Arpeggiator can send patter into modulation matrix and act as a multi step envelope.
- VC: User arpeggiator pattern can be randomised and shifted.
- HI: LFO clock divider values are sorted in a more musical fashion.
- VC: Visually improved browser view.
- IN: (Windows) Rollback issues have been solved.
- IN: (Mac) Installer doesn't require reboot in many situations.
- VC: Out of Sync error after browsing patches (fixed).
- HI: LFO clock divider can be automated in every host.
- Graphic Performance under Windows 7 needs fine tuning.
Side chaining into audio instruments is currently not supported in Steinberg Cubase. The VST3 version shouldn't be used in a production environment.
Access Music also released OS6.6. for the Virus C series. The public beta version improves the accuracy of MIDI clock sync for the arpeggiator.