25th February 2010
Access Music has released version 4.0 Public Beta of the Virus TI operating system. The new version adds stomp box distortions, comb and vowel filters as well as a speaker simulation and an extended arpeggiator.
Resolved issues, refinements and new features:
- SE: Six new distortion mode all featuring modeled overdrive stomp boxes from the 70s.
- SE: Speaker Cabinet emulation (an Analog Boost preset).
- SE: Comb Filter in FX section (Frequency Shifters).
- SE: Vowel Filter in FX section (Frequency Shifters).
- SE: Arpeggiator can send patter into modulation matrix and act as a multi step envelope.
- VC: User arpeggiator pattern can be randomised and shifted.
- HI: LFO clock divider values are sorted in a more musical fashion.
- VC: Visually improved browser view.
- IN: (Windows) Rollback issues have been solved.
- IN: (Mac) Installer doesn't require reboot in many situations.
- VC: Out of Sync error after browsing patches (fixed).
- HI: LFO clock divider can be automated in every host.
- Graphic Performance under Windows 7 needs fine tuning.
Side chaining into audio instruments is currently not supported in Steinberg Cubase. The VST3 version shouldn't be used in a production environment.
Access Music also released OS6.6. for the Virus C series. The public beta version improves the accuracy of MIDI clock sync for the arpeggiator.