14th January 2011
Access Music has announced a new feature update to the Virus TI series of synthesizers. OS4.5 focuses on new vintage effect emulations and additions to the modulation matrix:
- Vintage Chorus. The new chorus was modeled after one of the nicest and most famous choruses built in the late '70s. The flexible subset of parameters allows seamless "morphing" from one emulation to another without having to change the algorithm and therefore stop the sound. It's a great addition to the TI's sound engine making it really easy to emulate the famous chorus ensemble sound found in many productions back from '70s and '80s.
- Air Chorus. The air chorus is based on creating the Chorus effect in the air, right in between the speakers. In difference to many other chorus effects, it works more subtly and opens the stereo panorama up in a more natural and less intrusive way.
- Vibrato. Especially when you don't want to waste an LFO to create a vibrato effect, the new algorithm comes in handy.
- Rotary speaker emulation. Emulating a classic Leslie effect, the new rotary speaker emulation offers the usual controls such as a fast/slow setting in combination with creative controls such as microphone distance to add air and space to sounds as well as a crossover setting which allows you to limit the effect to a certain frequency range. You can animate the top end of a pad sound and leave the bottom end untouched.
- New sources have been added to the modulation matrix allowing to add further "analog" feeling to pretty much any parameter available within the over 100 modulation destinations. Access claims that this intelligent and pattern-based unsteadiness enables the Virus TI to cover a wide range of those beloved analog side effects known from slightly damaged or simply poorly engineered vintage synths.
OS4.5 is compatible with the entire Virus TI line including the first versions back from 2005.
27 Oct 2011 Access Music releases OS 4.5.3 for Virus TI
04 Apr 2011 Access Music releases Virus TIOS 4.5 Public Beta
14 Jan 2011 Access Music unveils Virus TI OS 4.5
12 Jun 2010 Access Music releases Virus TI OS4 v4.0.5.01
25 Feb 2010 Access Music releases Virus TI OS4 Public Beta
14 Jan 2010 Access Music announces OS4 for Virus TI
25 Aug 2009 Access Music releases Virus TI OS v18.104.22.168
13 May 2009 Access Music releases Virus TI OS3
08 Dec 2008 Access Music updates Virus TI Software to v2.7.5
03 Sep 2008 Access Music updates Virus TI OS to v2.7.3
18 Jan 2008 Access Music announces Virus TI Snow
19 Sep 2007 Access Music releases Virus TI OS v2.5.1
17 May 2007 Access updates Virus TI OS to v2.0.5