Acon Digital has announced the release of Acoustica 6, a major new version of its comprehensive solution for audio recording, editing, mixing and mastering.
Acoustica 6 is available in three editions, the free Basic Edition, the Standard Edition ($39.90) and the Premium Edition ($119.90) which supports 5.1 and 7.1 channel surround and includes extended processing tools and the same audio restoration algorithms as found in our Restoration Suite.
The Standard and Premium Edition now include multitrack editing and all three editions come with several new features:
Multitrack Editing (Standard and Premium Edition only):
- Create as many audio tracks as you want.
- Apply effect chains to tracks or master track.
- Clips can easily be looped and stretched.
- Add transitions between clips by simply overlapping them in the time line. Several transition curves are available.
- Double click a clip to open and modify the content in an audio editor window.
- Mix-down to 5.1 and 7.1 surround formats (Premium Edition only).
New Phase Linear Equalizer (Premium Edition only):
- Phase linear six band parametric equalizer.
- Six different filter types.
- No frequency warping when close to the Nyquist frequency.
- Variable bandwidths and filter slopes (from -3 to -120 dB / oct.).
New Audio Restoration Tools (Premium Edition only):
Acoustica Premium Edition now includes the same tools as found in the Restoration Suite:
- DeNoise is a plugin designed to reduce stationary noise, such as broadband noise, hiss, wind noise, buzz and camera noise.
- DeHum targets hum and buzz typically introduced by poorly grounded electrical equipment, but also other tonal noise sources like electrical motor noise.
- DeClick is designed to remove impulsive noise such as clicks and crackle.
- DeClip restores audio recordings distorted by analog or digital clipping.
Upgraded Processing Tools (Standard Edition only):
Acoustica Standard Edition 6 includes several of the high quality processing tools that were earlier only available in the Premium Edition:
- High quality time stretching.
- Transpose tool (pitch shift) based on the new time stretching engine.
- New reverb with much better control over the room and filter parameters.
- The parametric equalizer now offers six different filter types – low shelf, peak, high shelf, high pass, notch and low pass.
- Improved VST preset handling which is more consistent with how presets are managed for the internal processing tools.
- Automatic recovery of recording audio if the computer shuts down unexpectedly during recording.
- WAVE64 – support for files bigger than 4 GB now also in the Basic and Standard Edition.
- The Basic Edition now includes MP4 and AAC import and export filters (only on Windows 7 or higher).
26 Feb 2014 Acon Digital updates Verberate to v1.2.0
13 Dec 2013 Acon Digital updates Restoration Suite to v1.1.2
11 Dec 2013 Acon Digital updates Verberate to v1.0.2
15 Nov 2013 Acon Digital updates Restoration Suite to v1.1.0
09 Sep 2013 Acon Digital updates Acoustica to v6.0.12
26 Jul 2013 Acon Digital updates Acoustica to v6.0.10
26 Jun 2013 Acon Digital updates Restoration Suite to v1.0.4
29 Jan 2013 Acon Digital updates Acoustica to v5.0.63
06 Dec 2012 Acon Digital updates Acoustica to v5.0.60
07 Sep 2012 Acon Digital updates Acoustica to v5.0.59
15 May 2012 Acon Digital updates Acoustica to v5.0.51
15 Mar 2012 Acon Digital updates Acoustica to v5.0.46