Verberate Surround supports all common multichannel formats up to 7.1 surround. Just like the stereo version, real acoustical spaces are simulated with a high degree of realism. Dense and realistic early reflections are simulated independently for each input to output channel pair. The late reverberation network uses up to four channels in a quadraphonic setup to simulate energy fluctuations on both the left to right and the front to back axis. Proprietary methods ensure that all output channels are uncorrelated.
The clear and to-the-point graphical user interface hides the complexity of the internal algorithm from the user and offers a sensible set of parameters. Graphical representations of the parameter settings simplify the search for a desired sonic quality, such as the output equalizer frequency response curve or the curve showing frequency dependent reverberation times.
- Support for all common channel formats up to 7.1 surround.
- Highly realistic simulation of real acoustical spaces.
- Separate early reflections for each input to output channel pair.
- Quadraphonic processing of late reverberation that simulates energy fluctuations in the room.
- Completely uncorrelated output channels (with maximum stereo spread).
- Uncluttered user interface.
- Sensible set of parameters.
Acon Digital Verberate Surround is available for both Windows and OS X for $199.00 from the Acon Digital web shop. Owners of the stereo version of Verberate can upgrade to Verberate Surround for $99.90. Both 32 and 64-bit versions are available, and the plug-in formats VST, AAX and Audio Units are supported.
Audio Examples (AAC encoded 5.1 surround) .
Thanks to Keith J. Hersch for the surround demo pieces: