18th November 2010
Acon Digital Media has announced the release of Acoustica 5, a major new version of its comprehensive solution for professional audio recording, editing and mastering. Acoustica 5 is available in two editions, a Standard Edition ($39.90) and a Premium Edition ($119.90).
Both the Standard and Premium Edition of Acoustica 5 contain several new features. Here are the highlights:
- Graphical user interface:
- New audio plug-in design.
- Tabbed MDI interface.
- Dockable file browser pane.
- New file formats: FLAC, AAC, WAVE64 - support for files bigger than 4 GB (Premium Edition only).
- CD Cover Editor: The new CD Cover Editor lets you create CD covers from your CD projects in a breeze.
- CD Projects:
- Save and open CD projects.
- Erase CD-RWs.
- K-System metering: The new K-System level meters help you to produce consistent sounding music while preserving appropriate dynamic range.
- Enhanced spectrum analysis: The updated offline analysis tools allow you to select frequency and amplitude ranges. The spectrum analysis now allows logarithmic frequency scales and can show the average spectrum over a large time selection.
- Convolution reverb: Simulate the reverberation of physical or virtual spaces based on pre-recorded impulse responses.
- Enhanced denoiser with adaptive mode (Premium Edition only): The new adaptive mode constantly updates the noise profile to match changes in the signal noise.
- Test signal generator (Premium Edition only):
- White, pink and brownian noise.
- Sine tones.